Panaracer Stradius Sport Tires - Clincher

Panaracer Stradius Sport Tires - Clincher

The perfect combination of technology and price. Aramid folding bead for light weight, all at a price that makes you smile. Easy on the ride and easy on the wallet, these are the perfect road training tire. Choose 700x23c for lower rolling ...

[Oct 19, 2017]
Raymond J. Raymundo

Strength:

I did not experience any slips even during the rainy season.

I had used the tires only for six months (800 miles) more or less and it gave up on the "seams"

I will not use a Panaracer again.

[Oct 23, 2013]
froze

Strength:

A long lasting tire that doesn't cut easily. Reasonably light at 220 or 230 grams puts into the lower end of road tires intended for the street. These are a folding type of tire instead of a rigid wire bead tire.

I haven't found any other than their not a racing tire, but their not designed to be a racing tire.

For the price it's impossible to beat these tires unless you get a huge sale on something that normally would cost 4 times more. If you want a low cost but effective flat resistant long life tire and are not a racer then these are great tires.

These tires are not racing tires so handling isn't up to that sort of level, there has to be a trade off between handling and long mileage, a high handling tire will have softer tread compound to make is sticky but will only last about 800 to 1200 miles, a lower handling tire will have a harder tread compound but will last 4500 to 5000 miles. For a reviewer to make a comment about the tires slipping on wet tile, well gee I can slip on wet tile just walking! Wet tile is almost like ice. I've ridden these tires on wet pavement and found no unusual traction problems that caused me concern.

No one rim brand or model is the same, I didn't have any problems installing these tires on my wheels, but there may be wheels out there where it could be a challenge, but guess what? That's true with any tire and wheel combination. Besides a tough to install tire means it will be tough to come off the rim in the event of a blowout saving you from a crash or a damaged rim, so I don't shun tough to install tires. Keep in mind these are folding tires, if you never put on a folding tire the fact that they fold can be challenge to install, but once you get the idea of how to install them you'll never go back to rigid wire bead tires, and fixing flats with folding tires is much easier compared to wire beaded tires.

I checked the box for recreational rider because I don't race but I ride an average of 600 miles a month which is more than any recreational rider would ride. I also gave it 5 stars for value because they are a really good value, but I gave it a 4 star for overall rating because if you want to spend quite a bit more you can get a better tire.

So many brands of tires it would bore you to tears to see them all, and I doubt I can remember them all.

[Aug 01, 2012]
John Stephens

Strength:

they do provide an element of protection against puncturing

Can be difficult to put on; then you inflated, you must check around the rim fully as they have a tendency to come off at the point where the last bit of tire went on!

Not great for the price I paid.

[Oct 16, 2009]
Lee Joo Mong

Strength:

"Budget/competitive priced"

"Reasonable wear-ressistance and sidewalls"

Heavier than speicified 220g (actual weight 230g)
Skid-accident prone
Poor road adhesion
Carcass weakness

Cyclist @ 69kg + roaf bike @ 9.0kg + accessories @ 3kg = 81kg

Installed 700 X 20C onto front wheel only and travelled less than 3000 km

Now have to re-install the old Vittoria back for safety reason (avoid another skidding: year-end raining season approaching)

Skidded once on wet tiled floor. Only take bend/corner on paved road with rear brake applied due poor road adhesion at front wheel

Fine cracks noted on sidewalls after a tube failure never happened on (Vittoria tyre replaced)

Your life worth more than to risk it on such tire

Let us hope PANARACER stop making such dangerous product(s)

Vredestein Fortezza Quattro Tricomp (700 X 23C)
Vittoria Rubino Pro (700 X 23C)

[Jul 23, 2008]
tr-nyc

Strength:

cheap, cheap, cheap.

flat at the drop of a hat

worst. tire. ever. These were my cheap "emgergency reserve" tires in the spares box. So far, I've been through 2 tires in 2 days. Both lasted less that 15 miles before flatting, both times a piece of glass sliced right through the middle of the contact patch.

Conti Grand Prix 3000, Conti Grand Prix 4000, Conti Ultra-Gatorskin, Specialized Armadillo Elite

[May 26, 2008]
hayduke1972

Strength:

Cheap, durable tread, high pressure, 26C width

A bit of a harsh ride due to the low thread count

Been using these for almost a year now and they have shown to be very durable. I've suffered a couple of flats, which in one year is not all that bad. I have about 1000 miles on them an they look great. My only complaint is that they ride a bit stiff due to the 26tpi casing...but you get what you pay for.

[Nov 02, 2007]
vw_steggie

Strength:

For the 26mm width, comfy ride, low rolling resistance, tough side wall and tread, high mileage.

maybe a little heavy, but it is cheap to buy!

great training/commuting tire, have not got a flat yet, but I don't ride as much as many on this forum.

stock Kenda(junk), many Michelins and Continentals

[Apr 20, 2007]
LH

Strength:

Light, low resistance, cheap.

Bad casing structure, not durable.

Currently, this is the worst tires i have been using. I'm using this tire no more than 20km and it blown suddenly. Initially, i thought that i have hit chip stones and causing the tire blown. But, after checking thoroughly, it is manufacturing defect, the casing cannot support the recommended psi as shown on their website. I can see a deep crack in the center of the casing and causing the tire to break. Anyway, if I'm not the "lucky" person, this is a very low resistance tire, good for training and group riding and it is relatively light as well, roughly 240 - 245 grams.

Panaracer Extreme Evo, Panaracer Stradius Elite Z, Cadence Tires - Pulsion, Continental Ultra Sport.

[Jul 18, 2006]
Andrew

I have the 700x20C version in blue. Well, I'm not much of a color tire fan, but it looks good on my bike. It's pretty grippy, and strong (no flats). I'm not a serious racer, but I do enjoy cruzing at a good clip (45kp/h). While I've only had them for a week now, all the other tires on the bike have been Panaracer and have served me well for years.

[Apr 07, 2005]
rockandrollsaves

Strength:

Affordable, all black, and flat resistant (it is a 700x26c after all).

Not really a performance tire obviously.

I needed to replace a tire quick and this was the best deal I could get in my small town. For a recreational tire it does pretty well. Heavy, some-what grippy and not that fast, this tire does deliver in terms of comfort and flat resistance. I've only put about a hundred miles on them but so far no flats and almost no wear. I'm only about 140 lbs but I do commute through town so my tires see plenty of flat inducing objects. Next pay check I'm replacing these with some racier tires but that's not to say I dislike this tire; it's just not the right tire for what I do with my bike. Great tire if you aren't terribly concerned with speed, I would highly recommend it for some neighborhood cruising or for a rough pavement tire.

Vittoria Action Pro