Schwalbe Durano Tires - Clincher

Schwalbe Durano Tires - Clincher

Schwalbe Durano: Durano is the right choice for high mileage purposes, because no other racing tire lasts longer. At the same time the Dual Compound offers great grip for training on wet winter roads. It has the proven RaceGuard

[Mar 18, 2018]
ZMC888

Strength:

Fairly puncture resistant

Prefer Conti - four seasons Slow

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2016
[Jul 17, 2011]
Rich Kling

Strength:

Good ride for a high pressure tire. With the exception of the out of round problem I like them.

Way out of round. Dealer says Schwalbe will replace tires. Hopefully next set will be better.

I purchased Schwalbe Durano 20X1.1 tires and had them installed on the front of my recumbent trike. On my first ride I noticed the tires appeared out of round. At the end of the 37 mile ride one of them was worse causing the wheel to hop.

[Jun 06, 2011]
Bob

Strength:

General durability, but see comments above

Suspect quality. Out of round and possible separation.

Tires are suspect. Both front and rear are out of round. Noticeable high spot on each.
Rims are confirmed round. After 600 miles both tires exhibiting signs of delaminating.

Michelin

[Dec 14, 2010]
Clinton

Strength:

Very puncture-resistant, good handling

None that are not inherent with any tire.

Purchased to compare with Specialized Armadillo All-Conditions. 'Dillos are excellent, but at over 400g@, I needed something a bit lighter for the occasional mountain climb. The Duranos are , I suspect, the renamed Stelvio model in the Schwalbe line, though I never owned any under that name.
Duranos were not as difficult to mount as 'Dillos, and probably come in ca 250g or thereabouts. I use them on the front, and since I am too lazy to rotate tires, I sometimes have the 'Dillos on back, when I wear out the rear Durano, which took me about 2.5k miles.
Minimal siping means wear may be difficult to detect. Handling is more than adequate, I have not used super-puncture resistant tires that can compare for handling to Michelin Lithions or less expensive training tires. But since I am a commuter, the Lithions and Conty Ultras, etc would not hold up to the conditions under which I have to get to and from work.
I recommend the Duranos, they are only available online in my area, LBS do not carry them.

Specialized Armadillo All-Conditions