Serfas Seca RS Tires - Clincher

Seca RS

The new Seca-RS features an all-new tread and texture design along with Serfas Integrated Flat Protection System New Tread and Texture Design Integrated Flat Protection System Provides Superior Puncture Resistance ...

John P   [Sep 22, 2015]
Strength:

Smooth ride, easy to mount

Hard to seat on rim

My first was great. Very smooth ride, easy to mount with levers. Next set was OK but seemed to flat pretty easily. My third (and last) set was awful. One of the tires wouldn't seat properly and I blew two tubes when the bead came unseated. Finally was able to get the bead to hold but the quality of these is too inconsistent for me.

Rain   Commuter [Jun 23, 2013]
Strength:

Lightweight, Super ride quality for the price, available in 28c folding bead. Great front tire.

Short life. Rear tire center section visibly flattened with diminished puncture resistance after 500 miles.

If you ride in areas with smooth roads it's easy to enjoy these as the ride and handling are superior for the price. If your travels involve ghetto areas with broken glass and debris it would be best to look elsewhere. The mileage you can expect out of these is somewhat proportional to the relatively low weight and purchase price. A good example of the old axiom "You get what you pay for"

SlowJoeCrow   Recreational Rider [Sep 15, 2012]
Strength:

Attractive price, available in 28C, good ride

very fragile, flat protection failed

I am rather disappointed with this tire, I picked one up from the River City Bicycles outlet as a cheap 28C training and commuting tire. I was happy when I was just training on it but when I started commuting I noticed that the soft compound of the tread was getting a lot of cuts, then I got 2 flats in as many weeks including a piece of glass that instantly killed the tire. This compares poorly with the Forte Pro+ I used it with and the Hutchinson Fusion 2 it replaced. While both tires are a bit more expensive they are also usually available on sale for a similar price.
On the plus side, 28C folding bead tires at this price are rare and it did ride nicely while it lasted. For smooth clean riods these would be fine but not for heavy use around debris

Similar Products Used: Hutchinson Fusion 2, Forte Pro +
Adam   [Aug 31, 2012]
Strength:

Durability, light weight, traction

I have been riding these tires since 2007 and they feel as good as much more expensive tires and last much longer. The last set have lasted an entire season with 2500 miles on the rear tire and closer to 5k on the front with only one flat after hitting a large chunk of road surface. I have tried more expensive Continental 4000s and can't feel much of a difference and the flat protection of the Serfas is outstanding. By far the best value for money. All my road tires will be Serfas.

Herbthedog.   Recreational Rider [Jul 10, 2012]
Strength:

Price, ( looks like this is on the up ) Flat protection, weight. look good. plenty of grip with not much rolling resistance.

Not the hardest wearing, not as cheep as they were.

I had never come across these, I was after a tire for riding a end-end (jogle) on, these seemed to fit the bill, light, flat protection system & cheep enough to bin at the end of the ride.Rode 1000 miles in 9 days, no flats, this was on some rough roads a times. I have had 1 flat since, this is after about 2000 miles use, could get a bit more, but think the flat count would start to rise, time for the bin.
Just got a my second set through the post.

Ron Rocheleau   Road Racer [Jun 14, 2012]
Strength:

I've owned lots of low and medium prices tires and rate these much higher than most. Get puncture resistant and weight.

Use to be even cheaper b/4 they caught-on. Lacks a little of the bling of something like the Conti 4000s and doesn't wear as well. But equal to a Vredestein Tri or Mich. Pro Race at a better price.

I've owned about 5 and never had one wear-out before its time.

Appendage   Road Racer [Jan 08, 2012]
Strength:

Inexpensive.

Based on my experience and other reviews, it would seem that these tires are just plain weak, and the flat resistance not great.

Around here the roads are in poor condition, so I need a tough tire. I bought a pair of these and one of the two came apart. The fabric casing under the tread started separating, deforming the tire. Fortunately, it held together long enough for me to get home. By that time the tire looked like a snake swallowing a rat. The other tire is holding up well.

Similar Products Used: Performance Forte Pro, Michelin Krylion
Biga   Recreational Rider [Dec 07, 2011]
Strength:

Great price and great rolling resistance

Wear and durability

Over the past couple of years I have used these as my primary tire. The price is hard to beat when you can get them on sale at Sun and Ski Sports. After going through two sets of these I am to the point where I will not buy these again. The first set lasted less than a 1,000 miles. The second set has about 800 miles on them and the sidewall blew out on my rear the other day. In Texas I need something that is durable and will last me more than a 1,000 miles.

Similar Products Used: Continental Ultra Sport
LMWEL   Recreational Rider [Oct 27, 2011]
Strength:

Price, Flat resistance, Handling

Durabilty, Longevity

I replaced my flat prone OEM tires with a pair of Seca RS. For the price, they are pretty good tires. I noticed increased rolling resistance compared to the 700c X 25s they replaced which I quickly got used to. They rolled smooth and handled well and only flatted twice in 2000 miles. The only real complaint I have is durability. I know I got 2000 miles out of them, but that is several hundred miles beyond their useable life. When I finally replaced them there was tread seperation with threads showing! Dangerous I know. If budget is a bigger concern than longevity, then definately consider these tires.

Similar Products Used: Kenda Kriterium 700c X 25, Specialized S-Works All Condition 700c X 25
gwing82   Recreational Rider [Sep 21, 2011]
Strength:

light weight, good performance for the money

puncture resistance, wear

I am a 185-190 pound rider. I purchased a set of Serfas Seca 700x23 tires last year, because of their low weight and good ratings. I liked the tire! Rode great. But, too many punctures from glass. After only ~ 500 miles by the end of last season, the rear tire got a slice that I wasn't comfortable continuing to ride on. So, I bought a new tire for the rear this spring. It WORE OUT in only 1400 miles - I'm starting to see the cord pattern in the rubber. And, more flats this year. I also have a slice in the front tire that doesn't look good.
Maybe the manufacturer changed the rubber compound that caused this tire to wear out prematurely. But I'm not seeing the supposed flat protection stated in some of the previous reviews. I'll probably go with Michelin Krylion Carbon, at the advice of a friend. They're more $$, but I'm spending too much time and money fixing flats.