Soma Fabrications New Xpress Tires - Clincher

New Xpress

flat resistant AND also gives an excellent supple ride.
HyperTex casing layer - tough like Kevlar, but more supple so it won't ride like a brick. Cut resistant and pinch flat resistant. Smooth inner surface for less tire rub.
• Low rolling resistance
• Long lasting high carbon tread
• Black wall
• Kevlar or steel bead
• Multi-lingual sidewall patch
• Not made in Taiwan
(Made in Japan by Panaracer)
• As light as 260 grams (23c Kevlar bead)

Dar Crammond   Commuter [Oct 12, 2017]

Nice roll, good comfort, solid grip

Not as flat resistant as some

I have had the Soma Express (folding bead) on my commuter (H+ Sons archetype rims) for 6 months, about 1400 miles. They ride smoothly over the choppy pavement, grip well in the wet, and have very good roll for a 35x700. The rear showed some reasonable wear after 1200 miles - fine crosshatching mostly gone. I run them at 80PSI and the ride is very comfortable, directionally stable, and confident in the corners. The only negative I have is that they flat more than most tires I have run - Gatorskins, Bontrager Race Lites, and Panaracer Gravel Kings. That could be me, my roads, or just good old standard deviation. I got them for $16 each on a close-out sale, so I can't really complain. Even at full price, they are a good value. I'd recommend them for commuting or "adventure riding," but for touring with a load, I'd want something a bit more burly/flat resistant.