Specialized Roubaix Pro Tires - Clincher

Roubaix Pro

• The Roubaix tires are the perfect match for the rider who wants the ultimate in performance without the harsh ride. Comfortable large volume 25c casing, merged with fast-rolling 23c Dual Radius Tread (DRT) ensure a supple ride that rolls fast and corners extremely well, all in one tire.
  • Casing: 25c 120 TPI casing
  • 700 x 23c dual compound tread
  • DRT design for low rolling resistance and great cornering
  • Compound Center: 70a
  • Compound Shoulder: 60a
  • Bead: Aramid
  • PSI: 115-125

• User Reviews (34)

Dave   Recreational Rider [Aug 27, 2015]
    Strength:

Durable, good handling

expensive

I don't understand all the negative reviews I see. I have had two sets of these and they were both great. Yes, the first set came with my Roubaix Comp bike, but they were great so I used the same as their replacement. I'm up to over 5000km on my second set and never had a flat yet riding on lots of potholed and tar & chip roads (along with the occasional stretch of nicer asphalt).

Eli   [Jul 27, 2015]
    Strength:

Bullet proof. Zero flats in 1,500 miles on roads that have chewed up Conti GP 4 Seasons and Michelin Pro4s. Great grip in corners even in the wet. Amazing for the price.

Don't roll as fast as the Michelins or the Contis, but it's barely noticeable.

Best tire I've ridden in a long time. Last far longer than most I've owned. Roll better than you'd expect for something this tough. Incredible deal.

Larry   [Jun 07, 2015]
    Strength:

Very good puncher resistance, good comfort, and low rolling friction

Must rotate tires every few hundred miles or they wear out early

I have ridden 2788 miles on these (my second set). I rotated at 561 and 1126 and then forgot to rotate again. As a result, my rear tire has worn out at 2788 miles and my front still has significant tread left.
    I ride about 5000 miles per year and last year rode 9 centuries in northern CA and southern OR. At least 2 of which had very rough roads. So these tires have not been pampered. I ride with 115psi. I weigh 170 lbs Maybe these metrics are helpful as well.

First Tracks   [Jun 01, 2014]
    Strength:

Durable, flat resistant, very supple feel, fast rolling

Somewhat difficult to mount tubeless

This review is for the Roubaix 23c/25c Tubeless tire, which doesn't have its own category here. I've got these mounted on a Shimano Dura-Ace C35 road tubeless wheelset and now have about 1000 miles on them, and they are holding up very well. I just finished a charity century in very difficult wet Alaskan conditions which saw a lot of flats, and these tires came through unscathed. I'm 195 pounds and can run these down around 92 psi vs the 110 I run in regular tires, and they feel very supple and give excellent grip, even in sketchy wet conditions. They are noticeably faster rolling than the conventional Roubaix Pro tubes tires that I replaced. They are tougher to mount than conventional tires on this wheelset, and I need to use my compressor to seat the bead, but once seated and with 1.5 ounces of Stan's sealant in each tire they hold air very well, and I have had no flats or problems. These were an excellent upgrade, and I will buy them again.

J W   [Jul 29, 2013]
    Strength:

Comfortable ride.

Both front and back tires blew out on me only after about 1000kms ...not while riding thank goodness!!! One blowout at home, and a week later, the other after riding 70kms ride!!! It blew up in my car while I was driving, I thought it was a gun shot!!! Can't imagine what that would have been like to blowout while on the bike!

As someone else said..Specialized makes excellent bikes, but the tires suck!

Miguel   [Apr 08, 2013]
    Strength:

Great tire. Rolls fast, corners great, and resists punctures.

None really.

I bought these tires after my slicks were giving me persistent flats. I live in Colorado and put these tires on just about mid autumn. September some time. It is not April and they performed great through the winter. I put 800 miles on them over the winter months and there are still looking great. Sure, the back tire is showing signs of wear, but thats to be expected. I weigh over 200lbs and ride on asphalt. I have not had one flat, and that is impressive, mainly because I hit the occasional glass on the edge of the road. Some of the other posts complain that the tires wear out to fast and get flats. Not the case here. Based on how they are wearing I won't have to replace the rear tire until the end of the Summer season. A great tire at a really good price.

Devastazione   Recreational Rider [Mar 31, 2013]
    Strength:

Smooth ride,easy to change,good protection from flats.

You won't pass the 1000 km mark. They just don't last.

No major complaints,really. Only 1 flat in one year. But at 700 km they are baked. I still buy them tho,they are cheap and light.

Anthony Garvey   [Mar 13, 2013]
    Strength:

It does take some of the harshness out of rougher roads. Felt good on downhills

My rear tyre only lasted 600km and blew in a race on a downhill. Pretty scary. Not impressed.

completely unexpected blow out on a tyre that had did very few Ks and appeared in good condition. Something fundamentally flawed with them.

txlonewolf   Recreational Rider [Mar 09, 2011]
    Strength:

Soft, comfortable ride. This really complements Specialized's carbon fiber Roubaix frame.

Colors match the Gerolsteiner color scheme.

VERY prone to flats!

These tires came stock on my '07 Roubiax Elite. They give a notably softer ride than some other tires I've tried.

However, like others here, I've found them to be flat-prone. For a long time I thought I was just unlucky with flats, till I replaced one with a Continental Gatorskin. No flats on that tire in over a year, vs. 1-4 flats per year on the Roubaix Pro tires. After reading the other reviews here, I now think my flats are a result of these tires, not just luck. (I ride 1,500 - 3,000 miles a year.)

This is a shame, as I like the way the tire rides, feels and looks (the blue sidewalls match my bike's color scheme perfectly.)

Overall I'd say select another tire...

Similar Products Used: Continental Gatorskin. Much firmer ride but great flat-resistance.
    theov   Recreational Rider [Jan 14, 2011]
    Strength:

None. In my experience the Specialized Pro is dangerous and could cause a nasty accident.

The tyres blow out.

Bought a new Roubaix Comp in July 2009 and within a month had one of the tyres blow out which was repalced by the dealer. Last weekend after having done approx 900km the second tyre blew out but this time the dealer would not reaplce the tyre. In 25 years of road racing and fitness cycling I had never had a tyre blow out before. So back to the Continentals for me. Specialized - great bikes - bad tyres.

Similar Products Used: Range of Continental tyres without any problems.