Specialized S-Works Turbo Tires - Clincher

Specialized S-Works Turbo Tires - Clincher

[Sep 02, 2014]
ron

Strength:

Dunno

Why did I buy these things???

I don't know who actually makes these things. I can't imagine that Specialized has a factory for everything they put their name on.
But these tires bite. They ride hard. They have terrible grip. I guess they're for those who derive no pleasure from picking each and every component of their bike. Yik.

OVERALL
[Feb 07, 2013]
Badger Poker

Strength:

Speed, Soft Ride, Grippiness, Flat resistence

Cut Resistence

Tires were given to me as part of a Specialized test program. I was the 3rd user on the tires, we were each supposed to record the mileage and ride conditions under which these were tested. When I got them they had about 7-800 miles on them witlh plenty of life left. My test of them was a 300 mile weekend in Summit County, CO, so lots of elevation gain and really fast twisty descents. In the case of Vail Pass, lots of scary potholes and broken pavement. These tires roll quickly, stick in 50+ mph corners (I descend like an idiot Mountain Biker) and resist flats. I noticed lots of cuts, especially in the rear from less than ideal pavement, but they never flatted. This leads me to recommend them as an event day only tire given the propensity to acquire cuts. Ride quality is very similar to the Vredestein Tri Comp and I was running it at about 120psi.