Topolino TrueBlack CTR2.0 Tires - Clincher

- patented Carbon Core hub
- 1360g wheelset weight

[Mar 07, 2011]
bige8733

Strength:

Handling, comfort, strength, good in all around riding/training

Not for sprinting...Expensive

Riders considering Topolino CTR2 (Red) wheels will find them very controlled and comfortable due to alloy/carbon construction. Very nice on climbs and rolling on flats (ceramic bearinings).... These wheels are not too flashy, but low profile makes them wind proof. Of course breaking is never an issue... Very Impressive.

Mavics/KS-SL, Reynolds Assults 2011

[Dec 06, 2010]
ufkick93

Strength:

Stiff, Light, Smooth, Rolls very well

None so far

FINALLY! I have posted about my terrible Race Lites and the problems with those and then my RXLs that were given to me by Trek to replace them. As I mentioned in those reviews, I finally purchased my New Topolinos and love them! Talk about lateral stiffness!! Finally, I have a wheel that is light, stiff, fast, and climbs like a beast. Now, if I could only get the rider to be able to climb like a beast!? The carbon is great for smoothing out bumpy rides. It makes a comfortable ride even more comfortable, yet has the stiffness to spin-up to any passing vehicle's bumper! Ok, so that's not that safe, but it's a great training tool for sprints. Im 195 and 6" tall, not exactly small, but these wheels have done it all for me! I use my RXLs for training and these for racing/climbing. I ride TUFO tubular-clincher wheels to make this clincher wheelset more like a tubular and have had even more success.

[Aug 20, 2010]
Bruce Darby

Strength:

* Incredibly smooth ride
* Climb well
* Great handling

Not the cheapest wheels on the market
If you are ever able to break them, which I doubt, you will need to send them back to the factory to be repaired.

I have had these Topolino ATR 3.0 wheels for about a month and am really impressed with their performance and ride quality. They are much more aero than my previous Topolino C19s and are easier to maintain speeds over 22 mph. They also climb as well as the C19s and handle much better in the curves. They have the same riding on glass feeling that all Topolino wheels have. These wheels far exceeded my expectations.

Toplino C19
Mavic CXP 33

[Mar 30, 2010]
DGiviner

Strength:

sub-1400g! crazy durable, TCBY-smooth ride.

not cheap, parts not always readily available for repair (not that you'll ever break them)

even stiffer and more responsive than my excellent topolino CX wheels on the same bike, but still super smooth over the rough stuff. my new favorite wheels. intimidating appearance with the thick black spokes!

ksyriums, american classics, zipp.

[Mar 17, 2010]
SpikeGlobstein

Strength:

-light weight
-black spokes
-solid and smooooth ride

-price a bit high
-not as well known or available as other brands
-i hope there aren't any

Light weight with a new dark and sinister look. I've had these for just two weeks and they are typical Topolino - very light, yet with an amazing ride quality that transmits road feel, with out a jittery vibration. Great on climbs, I can throw them into turns and even into some of the lovely springtime pot holes here, and they come back for more.

Mavic Ksryium