Tufo C S22 Tires - Clincher

C S22

The C S22 is specifically designed for fast training and club racing under brutal road conditions. No tube or glue required. Fits 700c rims with 3-14mm inside width. 622-21. Inflate 115-130psi. Folding bead 60tpi.

bonedale   Road Racer [Apr 27, 2008]
Strength:

durability, price, colors, czech, ease of use, smooth ride, cool sealant

hard to find, fat americans riding and rolling them

I've been a tufo fan for about 5 years now and have never found anything to complain about. All I use are tubular clinchers both on the road and cyclocross and ride them until the tread wears out then go find a cheap outlet for some new ones. Bummer that the cross ones are now gone since they stopped making them but the road tires are as good as ever. I do find that the tread wears off the rear one fairly quickly but so it does on other tires too. I usually just switch the front/rear after 1000 miles.

Here's a tip for those of you who do adventure riding- use stan's sealant in the tires before you get the flat, makes them almost bomb proof. I usually use about 1oz in the cross tires and half that in the road ones when I know that I am going to a place that eats tires.

Similar Products Used: lots of road tires but haven't ridden a tubular in 20 years so can't make a comparison
OVERALL