Vee Rubber Value Road Tires - Clincher

Value Road

Here's a great buy! With great traction, and fabulous quality, the Value Road Tire is a great option....

Brad   [Oct 27, 2014]
Strength:

Tire runs true and seems to have great tread life. I put approximately 1000 miles on the tires and the tread was still in excess of 50%.

Very tough to mount and dismount. Sidewalls start to separate after about 4 months and the first time I dismounted for a flat, the sidewall blew out upon reinstallation at about 70 lbs of air. deflated other tire and threw both away.

As a big guy, 6'03" 250 lbs, guy, I decided to try a higher pressure tire for speed. Tires were very difficult to install, but it was not a problem in my shop, I never did a flat repair on the road. I ran the rear tire at 140-145 lbs and the front at 120. I had no flats for approximately 4 months, but the rear developed a slow leak. Getting the tire off was extremely difficult, and when I tried to re-inflate the tire, the sidewall blew out parallel to the bead approximately 2 inches long at about 70 lbs. The other tire showed the sidewalls cracking to an extent that I did not want to ride it anymore. I will not buy these again.

OVERALL