Veloflex Corsa Tires - Clincher

Corsa

The Veloflex Corsa tire delivers versatility and performance with the convenience and affordability of a clincher. Supple 320 TPI casing and Calicot puncture resistant layer. 145 max PSI. 180g. Ideal for road racing criterium fast training and recreational riding. Various colors with black sidewalls.

peter aanstoos   [May 29, 2016]
Strength:

Very supple ride.

Rear sidewall blew.

Initial mileage was superb, loved the supple qualities. However, after 900 miles the rear tire sidewall blew out. Most disappointing. Running Zipp 303s.

kukula   [Apr 24, 2015]
Strength:

Supple. Grip. Feel. Handling. Price

Only lasts 1.2 to 1.5k miles

been riding these clinchers in 25c for three seasons now. Paired with Vittoria latex on my Zipp 303 and 404s. Ride is divine. I have never had a single flat yet in 3 seasons. But then again I ride mostly in a well maintained bike path. rear tires typically lasts anywhere between 1.2 to 1.5 k miles for me, with the front double that. Grip and handling is unheard of. Tried and pushed them to thier limits and still wouldnt slip. They just stick to the road like glue. This has given me the confidence to brake later, and push harder. You cant go wrong with these tires.

Bill Stehr   Road Racer [Jan 07, 2015]
Strength:

If you want to support a traditional in Italy company, research this tyre.

The online description of the Veloflex Corsa (23mm) that I ordered from a reputable online company made no mention of the manufacturer's caution, "do not use carbon fibre rims." Maybe this accounts for some of the earlier reviews on blow outs with these tyres. Can't tell from these reviews what rims were used. Anyway, I'll be returning these tyres. Glad I read the box before installing. I have not read any other reviews on this site that mention this manufacturer's caution. Any thoughts??

See Weakness comment.
Manufacturer's caution on the box reads, "do not use carbon fibre rims."
This manufacture caution ought to be on all online descriptions of this tyre. Any thoughts?

ttx1   [Oct 06, 2014]
Strength:

Feel, handling

as usual, tube choice and proper setup will influence results. I ride with Vittoria latex tubes and take a lot of time to ensure that the tires and tubes are bedded properly - I've had great results

the closest ride quality and performance to a proper high thread count tubular. I presently ride the Corsa in 25c mounted to H+son rims. Feel is excellent. For comparison, I've ridden the Arenberg - Veloflex's tubular version - on Enve 3.4 tubs. Ride is equally excellent for both setups.

I've not had a single flat or tire related issue (several tube failures with Challenge tubes - once I switched to Vittoria latex, the failures ended).

Highly recommend these tires.

Incredulous Racer   [Sep 15, 2014]
Strength:

Great handling, ride comfort

none so far (after three pair)

Several pro teams use them, (some with different labels glued on), including Sky.
I'd say that pretty much vets Veloflex's knowledge of how to make a bike tire.
But on the other hand, you have the dork who does such a ridiculous job of mounting clincher tires that he can't keep them on the rim. Yikes, dude, get to a good quality bike shop before you kill yourself. Really, we're worried about you.

Phil Willoughby   Road Racer [Aug 05, 2014]
Strength:

Look nice

Blow off the rim

I recommend that no-one should use these tyres unless/until there is credible evidence that the blowout problem has been fixed.

I used these for 2 time trials over the course of a month, the rear tyre blew out while I was preparing for the third. Total distance ridden on them is at most 70km.

I bought these despite reading the other reviews on this site which talk about bead- and sidewall-failures in 2010 because I assumed that 4 years later Veloflex would either have fixed the problem or adjusted the maximum pressure recommendation to match reality.

My tyre blowout was at 135 PSI which is well within the recommended range of 100-145.

During the brief period these tyres were on my bike I found them to be OK. The ride doesn't approach the quality of a tubular, even when using latex tubes. Had they worked I would have slightly preferred them to my previous Conti GP4000S tyres, but as I prefer to survive all my bike rides I am going back to the GP4000S.

Similar Products Used: Continental GP 4000 S
Continental GP 4 Season
Vittoria Corsa SC (Tubular)
Justin   [Jul 30, 2012]
Strength:

Smooth ride, precise and light weight

Only one major weakness that I could see, but it will stop me buying Veloflex again: two separate tires (same model) blew right off the different model rims of my two bikes -- on both occasions it was about five to 10 rides in. I was damn lucky that on both occasions I was stopped at traffic lights and not going full speed downhill. I had the rims, brake calipers, everything, checked out by people who know better than me. No problem. The beading (there's not much of it) had simply popped off the rims.

Before the blow outs I was impressed by these tires. But the potential consequences of something like this happening again -- when I'm travelling at speed -- are far more significant than any other factor I might take into account. After the first episode, I reassured myself that it was a freak accident, that it couldn't happen again, etc. Wrong. I won't be risking it a third time.

jij   Recreational Rider [Mar 12, 2011]
Strength:

More puncture resist than some of the thinner tyres.
Hand-made in Italy, supporting a small company.

Harsh ride, noticeably slower than other tyres.

I have to agree with some of the other reviewers, these tyres feel slow compared to other tyres like the Continental Supersonics. Maybe the puncture protection layer is too stiff or something, but the ride is a bit lumpy and hard.
I also had the sidewall blow out, (the beading popped off the rim), luckily not while I was riding. And got couple of punctures, so the protection isn't brilliant.
They're now on ebay, and I've put my Supersonics back on, which feel fantastic in comparison.

Similar Products Used: Continental Supersonics. Continental Attack/Force. Vittoria open Cors
scat   Recreational Rider [Sep 16, 2010]
Strength:

Lite weight.

Non other than my latest experiance.

I've been using this tire for almost 7 years with very good success. rides smooth and is better than expected as regarding flat resistance.
I am somewhat worried about quality of the lattest batch. A new tire ridden once previously blew a sidewall. I typically ride these tires at 110 - 115 PSI with no problem.