Vittoria Diamante Pro Tires - Clincher

Vittoria Diamante Pro Tires - Clincher

The Vittoria Diamante Pro is an elite racing tire in Vittoira?s advanced, light, and flexible 220 TPI Nylon Plus casing. This tire features highly technical, modern tread design, very light weight, bead-to-bead flat protection, and secure handling, which

[Jul 02, 2017]
Will Taylor

Strength:

light and damn fast

none i can think of

By far my favourite tyre. The high TPI count ensures a more nicer and faster ride. I love these tyres. I always buy them when they're available. I know other folks say they get punctures but this has not been my experience. I ride 1.5 hour commute to work each day and haven't had a puncture in over a year.

[Jul 18, 2014]
marko

Strength:

plush ride, yet accurate, really compares well with tubulars, which are tough though (continental gatorskins)

cannot be used on urban roads - mine came as stock on cervelo R3, the rear lasted exactly 200 km, until the inevitable happened. A massive puncture, which cut the tire so badly it was beyond repair. I rode at 100 psi, so the tire didn't explode (as some people experienced), it was a safe exit.

I did 25-35 km/h, on terrain I know well (20km commute), tires that manage this without punctures in years are continental (grand prix, black chili, all season, ...)

I would buy these only for indoor track racing, the ride is phenomenal, but puncture protection agains small stones on a rear tire is a huge problem.

[May 29, 2014]
jordan

Strength:

It looks pretty

Evereything

Review:Terrible tire do not buy, zero puncture protection. In one day of riding I got 2 flats. Can't handle gravel or any form of urban riding. Its labeled as a "racing" tire but the only race I can Of using this for is how quickly can you get a flat... I rode with it as a backup tire in my bag, when I had to swap out my rando that I wore out (Fixed gear skidding does that) I couldn't even ride to the bike shop to replace it... Do not waste your money on!!!

First Name:jordan
City, State, Country:tacoma wa usa

[Nov 27, 2012]
Brian

Strength:

rolling resistance, Comfort, traction

price

I have owned quite a few tires in my few years of riding, and these are among my favorites. The only one I have experience with is the 25c version. I switch wheels and tires often, but i have had this tire since the spring and I have done at least two races on it. No flats to speak of, and I train a lot on chip seal roads. I also don't run much pressure in it either (about 105 when on the rear, 90-95 in front) and I am around 190lbs. I suppose everyone has different luck with tires, but racing tires aren't meant to ride or wear like Gatorskin Hardshell.

Continental Grand Prix 4000s, Hutchinson Intensive, Hutchinson Fusion 3, Hutchinson Atom, Bontrager Race-lite, Bontrager Race-lite hardcase, Continental sport, Forte Pro+

[Oct 04, 2012]
Calder486SE

Strength:

Color...seriously, thats it. Oh, and that they are "from Italy" although likely the rubber is from Thailand, just like Vittoria tubes....so...color only, maybe brand name.

Where to start: Price (in relation to the REAL weakness...) durability, rolling resistance, tread pattern, sidewall quality, center ream thickness, handling...

Wow. I have been racing since 1985, not just riding...racing. Raced pro for several years throughout the mid to late 90's and still race as hard as ever, and NEVER EVER have I had the kind of flats I have had with the vittoria Diamante's. Absolutely mind-boggling.
Of EVERY ride I ahev ahd on these in the alst month, I have ahd at least one flat. EVERY RIDE!!! Last night (10/4/12) I had three! THREE!!! In less than 23 miles.
I am an ULTRA loyal Vittoria fan. Tires, tubes, tire liners, valve stems, valve extenders on all bikes, heck, even my levers are from vittoria. but never, have I EVER felt so totaly screwed by Vittoria. I will likely just send these back to my local rep and expect nothing in return, just to voice my absolute disgust with these tires. I am absolutely flabbergasted that I ran almost an entire season with a set of Zaffirro pro's on my trainign wheels, passed them onto my wifes bike for her to use, and she has yet to ahve ONE single flat. But the higher quality, higher TPI count and MUCH higher priced Diamante's have had a flat EVERY single ride.
Please...for the love of our sport, and for my hope and blessings to be on anyone reading this as a fellow rider, PLEASE do not waste your money on these tires. This is my second pair, with the same results. Less than three weeks old, and a flat on every single ride. No exageration, no kidding, no joke.
Amazingly worthless and ridiculous tires that have cost me time, money and countless wasted rides this year thus far.

Vittoria Rubino Pro, Vittoria Zaffirro Pro, Vittoria Corsa Evo, Vittoria CX tires, Vittoria tubes, liners, levers, extenders and valves.

[Jun 19, 2012]
Mike Nindorf

Strength:

supple

did not last- rode less than 450 miles

Vittoria Diamante Pro Radiale

I put a new tire on my back rim before the 2012 Ride the Rockies. (6 days, 432 miles)
All the rubber is gone from the middle of the tire!!! (I can see the cords.)
I am 190 lbs.

Hopefully the local bike shop will replace them.

Kenda Kaleinte

[May 14, 2012]
Mac

Strength:

Vittoria Diamante Pro II - great grip, excellent weight, very puncture resistant, super speed

I use these form over 4 years and they are great! I train and race on them without any mercy and they suffer a lot but still I can count on them. Last pair lasted 12k km. They wear but if you want to have a grip you have to accept the wear. There is no other solution. I don't believe in stories of super resistant, super grip, super cheap, super long lasting tires. Any plastic Kendas will last longer but the biker himself possibly will not survive. In the race or hard training you have to trust your tires... and Diamante Pro are worth of trust.

[Apr 28, 2012]
Mick

Strength:

Fast Rolling
Look good

Durability
Poor Handling

Came on the bike and have only lasted 3 months (2000) and all the tread is gone on the back, down to the casing. Never gave much confidence in cornering, felt squirmy and didn't like to be lent over (tall narrow profile?)

Continental GP4000s - better conering, wear a little better

[Sep 23, 2011]
Andy Newell

Very weak tyres

My new bike came equipped with these tyres and I've just replaced rear and front after about 4 months and less than 700 miles.

Tyres developed cuts and nicks very quickly and picked up lots of punctures as a result. Interesting to read other reports of this below.

Now replaced with a set of gatorskins. Let's see how these go. The Vittoria Diamante pro are well worth avoiding.

[May 16, 2011]
smoke

Strength:

Grippy, fast, long lasting, light.

None really.

These are good tires. The dissing is undeserved. They're light, they have a grippy file tread for cornering, roll well and hold up well on chip and seal roads. I've never flatted one in more than 2000 miles and consider this a top training and climbing clincher, equal to, but lighter than, the Conti 4000s. I don't know what these other reviewers are doing, but some of their comments are pretty absurd. If you flat new tires like that, it's obviously operator error.

Conti 4000s, Ultremo, more