Vittoria Open All-Weather Clincher Tires - Clincher

Vittoria Open All-Weather Clincher Tires - Clincher

Heavy file tread with green sides. For racing in wet conditions.

[Oct 19, 2011]
steven s. wardlaw

Strength:

After hitting a major pothole I was waiting for the tire to go flat. It held up. They roll great. Love that green tread. Now I will be looking for other people who ride the green pave tires.

Price, but you get what you pay for. Hard to mount tires with just your hands.

I never thought I would find a tire that could give the ride of my veloflex masters. These tires ride smoother and seem to be as fast. They are a little heavier. I didn't notice the extra weight while riding. The best road feel I've ever felt from a tire.

Conti 4000s, veloflex masters, maxxis, specialized

[Aug 23, 2010]
nick

Strength:

incredibly smooth
very fast
solid handling

wish it was more durable

Review for Vittoria Open Pave Evo CG clincher:
I bought this product because of the reviews and I was not disappointed. These tires are unbelievably smooth and extremely fast. My training rides include pot holes, broken glass and twig stumps, and while the tires showed some cutting, it was 2,100 miles before I got my first flat. By that time the rear tire was squaring and thinning, and I will be replacing it. The front tire is still going strong. I weigh 180 lbs. I thought the durability was good for a racing tire, and as I have been spoiled by their smoothness and speed, I will be replacing them with more of the same.

vittoria rubbino pro
Kenda Kaliente
Continental Grand Prix 3000
serfa seca rs

[Jan 15, 2009]
molexo

Strength:

Almost puncture-proof. Good in cold, wet, dry, bumpy, or lumpy conditions. 9 bars max inflation makes for a easy rolling tire. Almost impossible to get on the first time but after that no problem. My bike is cream colored so the green work. Corner great, feel smooth.

Absolutley none. Anyone at any level should be riding on these tires. Actually one complaint, why aren't these more available? Maybe finding inner tubes that can take the max pressure that match the tires 9 bars.

I live in an urban city and have to ride over potholes, and broken car glass to get out to the rideable roads. I'm careful. After 18 flats with Michelin ProRace3 my small brain finally realized I needed another tire. Research led me to the Vittoria's. Damiano Cunego rode the Paris Roubaix on these. Mine are the Vitoria Open Pave Clinchers and they have been nearly perfect. After over 2500 miles only two flats, one of which was a presta valve failure. I'm not sure of the materials, but the kevlar mixed with some sort of thread weave is strong, yet an added black finish layer, with a subtle tread imprint on it, is supple.

Continental Grand Prix 4000, Michelin Pro3Race

[Oct 18, 2006]
riderstrider

Strength:

Great grip to road, comfortable, no flats in two years (4500 miles/yr), light weight.

The green color doesn't match my bike. They are expensive, and the rear tire lasts only one season (5000 miles), but that is fine by me.

I bought these based on reviews here, and am glad I did. These a great tires -- make a real difference in century rides, or long, fast club rides.

Conti 4-season, Conti Grand Prix, Conti Top Touring, various mtb tires (bontrager jones, etc.)

[Feb 04, 2003]
carbon

Strength:

'The feel'(very fast, very supple,- even if pumped up to the limit in tyre pressure, which is 8 bars(approx 125 psi) Resistance to glass cuts and other incompatible road rubbish.

Don't have any.

Just a brilliant tyre in every repect. Has all of the feel of the CX but this also has the look and feel that it will be more durable and punture resistant. Handmade tyres always have a unique feel to them and these are no exception. There are other tyres out there that are lighter but none of them have that compliant handmade 'feel'. This comes at a price but in my humble opinion 'the feel' is worth the expense.

Vittoria CX's Vittoria Robino Pro's Continental GP's Continental GP 3000's Various Clement tubulars from years ago.

[Apr 20, 2002]
timmmmmmmy

Strength:

Grip and road feel. They hang on tenaciously, and help smooth out some of the vibration and harshness. Of course this comes at a price...

... and that is 1) the cost of the tires and 2) the rapid wear. I laughed when the guy from NYC said that you could buy car tires cheaper -- I have thought the same thing.

Yes they are expensive, and yes they are great tires. The guy from NYC has it right: it is very hard to get a flat on these tires. I hit a pot hole so hard that my rim bent and I couldn''t ride without stopping to true it. But the tire was fine. I have ridden these tires >3200 miles without a flat (although I am about to get my fourth rear tire and I am on my second front tire).

Contis and Michelins

[Apr 18, 2002]
dan jones

Strength:

Totally reliable. Grip, puncture resistance, comfort, they''ve got everything as Alan Hansen would say. Speedy too. Not too pricey either (in the UK at least) .

Can we have another colour please? All black would be nice.

It''s difficult to compare these tyres with any others since they''re the only type I''ve ever used. I''ve never punctured in hundreds of miles despite the appalling road surfaces we have to put up with. There''s plenty of grip and, so far as I''m concerned, they''re a comfortable ride. They took a battering on the cobbles recently at the Tour of Flanders randonee and, apart from a minor tear to the tread, came through with flying colours.Lots of Belgians were using them. I''d recommend these tyres to any recreational rider or racer when the weather or road conditions aren''t so good. They can be used through winter without problems. I guess racers might want a lighter tyre in summer.

[Jul 03, 2001]
Gerry Hulme

Strength:

Smooth Ride at high psi.

price

Only the price and the fact that they don't wear too long is a problem. I had heard that they rode like the tubular CX's , but without the hassle of sewups. I had ridden Tubular CX's as the best tire I had ever ridden. These tires are the closest things I have found. They ride incredibly well pumped up to 140 R /125 F. I used them at Mt. Mitchell this year and it was like getting an extra push up hill !

[Jul 15, 2000]
Douglas Newman

Strength:

· Ride quality
· Puncture resistance

· Price

Let’s get the bad out of the way first since there are so many good things to say about these tires. I hate finishing on a sour note. Their price is criminal. $60??? And I haven’t seen any place to buy them at a discount. You can get automobile tires cheaper. That being said, I’d still be hard pressed to try another tire because of:
· Awesome puncture resistance, and
· Tubular-quality ride.

After thousands of miles in good and bad weather, off-road trails, and the broken glass and trash all over the Manhattan roads I have never gotten a flat on these tires. Never. Not one. Either I am incredibly lucky or these are some good tires.

They have a great ride. About a year ago, I tried tubulars because of the mythically awesome ride they provide. The Open All-Weather clearly had spoiled me. After 6 months of trying to detect why tubulars are preferred by so many (and after a few untimely flats) I switched back to these Vittoria gems. I consider myself a downhill expert and love fast, tight turns. I’ve frustrated oh so many motorcyclists on the Perkins Road descent of Bear Mountain on these puppies! I have full confidence in these tires.

· Corsa CX TT TUBULAR