Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX Tires - Clincher

Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX Tires - Clincher

Corsa CX has proved successful in road races all over the world, but the new EVO version is bound to even greater success

[Jun 02, 2015]
James Monaghan

Strength:

Smooth, look great with colored stripe, good grip on steep downhills in the dry

None that i can see as yet!

Smooth fast ride and coped well with a variety of surfaces over 600km in three days across South Korea last week. Bought brand new for the trip but felt great and looked good with the white stripe meshing nicely with my black and white frame.

[Aug 31, 2014]
Enzo

Strength:

Feel snappy. Very durable

I hate that they only put the label on one side.

Scroll down and read some of these hilarious reviews. My favorite is the guy who, after one ride had "slashes and gashes" all over his tread and flatted twice within one mile. Sure junior, it's the tires' fault.
Seriously, these tires are terrific although the Veloflex are also great and they are made in Italy, so they makeah you bikeah smellah likeah pizza! Atsa nice.
The Vittorias, Veloflex, Conti's are all great tires. They're all trying to win in the marketplace. Just buy what you like and get out of your mom's attic.

[Apr 09, 2014]
stringcatt

Strength:

Weight

A little bouncy.

For you that are complaining about grip in wet weather , these tires are directional.

[Feb 25, 2014]
dynamicturtle

Strength:

Looks. Roll. Ease of installation. "Pro Racer" design.

Build. Flat protection. Longevity.

First off, I have owned 3 sets of Vittoria Rubino Pro tires and have ridden 2k plus miles on them without a flat. That being said, I have been a fan of Vittoria tires for quite some time.

I really REALLY wanted these tires to hold up to the ideal in my mind and not be apart of the many statistics that tell horror stories of the flimsy nature of the Vittoria Open Corsa CX tires. I purchased a 23 mm set for the front and a 25 mm set for the back. I have literally been on 5 rides and experienced 1 flat and a gapping gash down the middle of the back tire about .5 inch long. In total, the rear tire had roughly 95 miles of use. I weigh 201 lbs and am an experienced rider. I am completely disappointed with these tires.

In essence, these tires are truly "race" tires in the sense of abuse them and replace them. And if you have that kind of budget, more power to you. However, if you are looking for longevity from your tires, DON'T PURCHASE THESE.

Vittoria Rubino Pro
Continental 4000 S

[Mar 30, 2013]
nadoman

Strength:

That's a hard one

Cut easily.
Pricey

These are some the worst tires I have purchased, and they are not cheap. I only bought one because the shop was out of Rubinos, and I figured for the price it would be superior.
WRONG! They don't have the reliability of the Rubino.
After my first ride the tread looked like Freddie Krueger got a hold of it.
Slashes, and gashes everywhere on the tread.
I have flatted with them on every other ride. Today on my ride, I got in one mile, wherein I had two flats.
I have ZERO confidence in them, and doing my best to find another Rubino Pro.

[Oct 31, 2012]
chris

Strength:

Fast rolling and great for climbing!

Very difficult to mount, poor handling at 115-120psi

I never felt secure with these tires untill I reduced the pressure to 95psi! Nowhere near the recommended 115-120psi. I weigh 150lbs and when riding at 120psi the bike was bouncing and sliding all over the place. I can not attest for its longevity because I 've only had a couple of hundred miles on them without any flats. Also, they were extremely hard to mount on Vuelta SLR's

[Jul 30, 2012]
Paul Flynn

Strength:

Wear

Very poor grip on wet roads

I noticed that on a steep climb, when I got out of the saddle the back wheel spun - never happened before to that extent. Then on a slight climb when I got out of the saddle I had my first fall. The back tyre just slid the wheel from under me. Two days later when cornering and not braking slowly, the same thing happened and down I came again - this time bringing a club mate with me! I have changed back to Continental 4000S - and feel much safer since.

[Jul 22, 2012]
Nivo

Strength:

Very fast, grippy in wet and dry conditions

Cost, but you get what you pay for usually.

Very fast tires and I had the opposite experience to the previous poster. Last month I rode in a charity event that took place in a complete downpour with high winds. I found myself absolutely flying through a very fast downhill section that went into a sharp left turn at the bottom. I tried to modulate my breaks and slow down as I was going very fast, the wheels were way too wet to slow and I threw myself into the corner expecting to die, only to find that these tires held unbelieveably.

In my opinion these tires are amazing in both wet and dry, I really can't imagine a better tire.

[Jul 21, 2012]
panchohughes

Strength:

Hmmm... they kind of look like a tubular... they 'look' like they should have good traction. Beyond that, all this stuff about 320tpi making a difference seems like rubbish to me. I think the Schwalbe Ultremo ZX has same feel.

poor traction with with wet cornering!!! They are directional tires so I made sure I mounted them properly. It took 2 men and a small boy to get them onto my Enve 45 carbon wheels. In fact, I scuffed my wheel in doing so. Then went to a crit race- going around a corner @ 22-ish mph with no breaking- zzziiiiipppp the front tire slid right out from under me! I have never had this happen before. I carefully examined the tread pattern and see that the lines on the shoulders of the tires lend themselves to reduced traction! I am going back to a slick design with no ridges.

Only 2nd ride on these tires. I am seriously thinking about just cutting them off the rim to avoid the hassle of removal. What a dissapointing tire. I had high hopes that i would like them. Going back to Schwalbe (which wear out easy) or maybe will try Mich R3 or R4. I have Conti 4000s on my training bike and they are pretty decent.
Thanks to these tires, I am sitting here with major road-rash up entire leg. Busted helmet. Scuffed shoes. Busted SRAM RED levers, broken carbon wheel. Arm in a sling with major swelling.
I am pretty mad at these tires.

[Jul 01, 2012]
Plus4

Strength:

Good ride and wear. No flats until sidewall cut

Side wall cut. Very hard to mount on Mavic wheels, cannot do it when out on the road.

Recreational rider in hilly area, sometimes on gravel & dirt roads. Ran these tires for 1 year about 500 miles until sidewall failed. Good puncture resistance, traction and wear but way too hard to mount on wheels. Label also wore off quickly.