Vredestein Moiree Tires - Clincher

Moiree

The Vredestein Moiree is designed to be the ideal urban tire. With it's comfortable ride and excellent traction on all road conditions, it's well suited for commuting, city riding, and long distance touring. Using Vredestein's Optimum Silica Processing tr

Barry   Recreational Rider [Apr 25, 2016]
Strength:

Good wet and dry traction. Foldable, rugged and comfortable tire that I run as a rear tire (26 x 1.35) on my recumbent. After 800 miles, tread looks new, and no punctures. I ran Vred S-Licks for over 4000 miles with great success and was sad to see them go out of production. The Moiree is a tad slower, but appears that it will last longer than the 1500 miles I was getting from the S-Licks. Not difficult to mount like a wire-bead tire.

Tread pattern sings softly to me on smooth surfaces. Hard cornering on wet may slide out due to smooth surfaces on either side of the tread.

I've been happy with my 26 x 1.35 rear tire, so I'm on this site shopping for a 406 x 1.25 version of this tire for my recumbent front wheel as they're hard to find in the USA. I would recommend this tire as one that is lighter/faster than the bulletproof tires like a Schwalbe Marathon, but more puncture resistant than lighter tires like Conti GP, Schwalbe Stelvio or Kojaks.

I am a recreational rider usually out for 25-50 miles in a hilly part of the world. Downhill runs can see speeds of over 50 mph so I am careful that my tires and brakes are top-grade and well maintained. I don't look for the very lightest / thinnest tire as total weight on the bike is just over 100Kg when I'm riding with gear.

I run the Moiree near the top of recommended inflation pressure of 95psi and find it comfortable, but with low rolling resistance (compared to heavier touring tires I've ridden, or Vredstein's own Monte Carlo tire)

Similar Products Used: Vredstein S-Lick, Conti Tour 2000, Conti Grand Prix, Schwalbe Stelvio, Vredstein Monte Carlo
OVERALL