Vredestein Volante TriComp Tires - Clincher

Volante TriComp

The Volante TriComp features all the innovations developed by Vredestein, with the exception that fewer fibres and more rubber is used in the production of the casing. Designed for elite competition or serious training, this tyre epitomizes high performance for your dollar!

• The seamless, diagonally-wound, 2-ply casing offers an extremely lively ride and resilient ride--something you would only expect to find in a premium tubular!
  • The Curve Control System gives you the confidence to attack the sharpest corner.
  • The three rubber compounds, black, lavender and transparent, offer exceptional wear, greater cornering confidence and additional casing protection.
  • The proprietary Silica Energy Compound improves tread durability, increase adhesion and lowers rolling resistance.
  • The patented Puncture Resistance System has demonstrated to reduce flats by 80%, while providing a convenient wear indicator.
  • Available in 700C x 23. Folding only.

• User Reviews (3)

ilpirati   Road Racer [Sep 28, 2007]
    Strength:

long lasting
    cheap
    good quality/price ratio
    fairly good puncture resistance

This is my training and winter tire of choice for about 2 years...decent rolling resistance and very long lasting(i swich tires when rear starts to wear out)...no problems what so ever since i started using this product.For racing i use Vrederstein Fortezza which i`m very pleased with

Similar Products Used: many brands
    BIANCHI_EURO   Road Racer [Jun 07, 2004]
    Strength:

Bianchi Colour

Strength and common sense of reliability of this manufacturer

In order to warn you guys, here a copy of my thread on the forum. WARNING! Last year I bought a set of Vredestein Volante Clincher tyres. They were very light, not too expensive and in my so much favoured Bianchi colour! I rode on them less than five ordinary training rides. Than during the first serious descent in the Dolomites both tyres exploded at the same time! It was a miracle I was able to stop my bike without falling from a speed of about 80km/h to zero. Also I was riding next to a very steep and rocky gorge. Later I found out both tyres collapsed due to their way too light construction (one ply of thread). The road was perfect dark black flat asphalt, no stones, tyres were inflated at the manufacturers pressure just before the race, I used new inner tyres. Though both my rims were a total loss, when I informed the Dutch factory about this dangerous accident with their tyres, they were just anxious to waive a possible claim. I never received any money back from them for the tyres and due to lack of interest of them I threw away the tyres instead of handing them over for "research purposes"... I wonder if anybody has simmilar experience with Vredestein tyres? Be warned! Frank.

Similar Products Used: Vittoria Rubino/ Michelin Hy binergic/ Conti super sport etc. etc.
    Kirk Rogers   Road Racer [Sep 13, 2000]
    Strength:

The tires was plain. lasted 1,000 miles and was a great tire to ride during the summer months.

With no tread it was hard to see when it was wearing low except my mileage count.

Great tire, I don't like bright colors and flashy colored stuff. I like tires that last 1,000 miles and these are great tires to use.