Bontrager Race Lite Tires - Tubular

Bontrager Race Lite Tires - Tubular

• 220 TPI
  • Aramid Bead
  • Lightweight vulcanized tubular ideal for training

[Nov 08, 2008]
waldo425

Strength:

The tires are strong and don't puncture easily.

The bead is so stiff that it takes about a half an hour to get it to line up properly. Had I known about this I probably would not have bought them and likely wont bye them again.

I fill these up to the max PSI of 120 because theres a lot of rocks and debris along the way; unfortunately in doing so it makes corning a bit scary. The thick walls of the tire do keep it in tack where other tires have been shredded for me.

[Jun 23, 2008]
Mike Krueger

Poorly made

$40 for a new tubular tire is considered bargain-basement these days. And with good reason. The based tape on this tire separated from the casing before I even had a chance to glue it onto a rim. Totally worthless.

numerous tubulars by Veloflex, Vittoria, Continental, Clement, Barum, and others

[Sep 17, 2007]
Peter Schultze

Strength:

Very nice ride. Light.

Lots of punctures.

I have the red and black Racelites - ride very nice but very thin and susceptible to punctures. Goatheads and glass seem to line up for me and can't miss me. These tires have gotten my tube patching skills buffed.