Hutchinson Carbon Comp Tires - Tubular

Hutchinson Carbon Comp Tires - Tubular

The Hutchinson Carbon Comp is a fast rolling high performance road racing tire that features a max PSI of 100-130. High performance racing tubular tire Tire Bead: Folding Tire Diameter: 700c Tire Use: Road...

[Sep 23, 2010]
Frank M

poor tread life

Bought these on nashbar to replace my the tires on my training wheels. I didn't have any real expectations but I only got 1800 miles out of them before they split open without warning in the middle of a ride. Luckily the tire held together enough for me to small ring it six miles home.

Zaffiro Pro, Rubino Pro

[Jan 06, 2010]
Randall

Strength:

Great grip, super rolling, 2500 mile (and still rolling)testing and race light

There are no weaknesses with the carbon comp. Look at what is on many Tour wheels

I am 165 lbs. The carbon comps came on my schwinn fastback pro and after 2500 miles, they are still mounted. I have had 1 flat because the rim pinched the tube in a pothole. The tires are bomb proof only if you pay attention to your lines and wipe the wheel, with your hand, if you do encounter glass. I am not uncomfortable with any review if I have the miles on the product to disprove any bad press.

Vittoria Zaffron pro, Conti gators, Spec. armadillos, michelin krylion

[Jul 15, 2009]
fikto

Strength:

Fast, supple ride.

Sidewalls must be made of paper. Not reliable.

I own a set of Carbon Comp Golds that are still on my old Fuji. They never gave me problems, so I went with these. Big mistake. Though they ride fast and feel good, I got a sidewall tear after only a couple hundred miles. I took them off and will never go back.

Hutch Carbon Comp Gold, Kenda Kaliente, Michelin Krylion.

[Jun 28, 2009]
JoBoa

Strength:

Looks good on the bike. I like the colors and price

cuts, gash, and punctures easily.

These tires LOOK good. I got the red stripe ones to match my bike color. I bought these before reading the reviews and thought these were good looking tires. Once I recieved them - I then read the reviews. Most of the reviews say these tires easily cut and tear. I was hoping I was one of the lucky ones and have any problems with these tires. Within next 60 miles, I got 4 flats and a huge cut on the side walls. I rode on continental ultra race before for 3 years without cuts. I wish I reviewed this item first before I bought them. Stay away from these

Vittoria's and Continental Ultra Race

[Jun 28, 2009]
Ilove51

Strength:

appearence and rolling resistance

These tires cut easily. I would stay away from small rock and junk on road. I moved back to my old continental tires

Tires look good out of box and on bike. The red accents the colors of my bike. The bike seems faster, while tire were smooth on the road. I've had these for 3 months and had too many flats and a large gash cut on the walls. I do not recommend these.

Continental Race and Vittoria

[Oct 17, 2008]
J

Strength:

Stuck to pave at first BUT square off quickly then they get unpredictable

They cut easy, puncture easy, and wear fast. I'm giving them a 1 rating.. If a tire cannot last long and tears easy, what good is it really?

came with the bike, thought i liked em at 1st but well...

other tires

[Jul 12, 2008]
Bob Manipis

Strength:

Smooth ride and fast. Easy to mount on my rim. Grips the road.

None so far but hey do look like they will wear fast. But what do you expect for racing tires.

First of all I want to mention that I am pretty light weight (139 lbs) so that might have some bearing on my review. I took these tires out for the first time today. Purchased them used with 125 miles on them and took them out for a 32 mile road ride. They are smooth and fast. I didn't think I was going that fast but when I looked at my speedometer I was going way faster than I thought (>2 mph). I have tried many tires and these are nice but I will see how long they will last and whether or not I experience some of the problems other folks in the forum have experienced. I am hoping to get 2000 miles on them. For $27.00/pair that is not a bad deal. I have gone thru many different tires and these are up these as one of the fastest I have ridden.

CST Ultraspeed, Michelin PRO's, Kenda Kaliente, Kenda Koncept Lite, Vittoria's, you name it as I may have tried them.

[Jul 03, 2008]
Dave

Strength:

low rolling resistance,light weight spin up easy,excellent grip in corners and stability at high speeds and great @ descending speeds..easy to mount

none to speed of

1st off I'm 6'2" 225 -235 and a hammerhead..these tires roll extremely well corner like on rails and ride smooth for 125psi..I live in suburbs of a major city in NYS and ride country roads,major highways and residential streets and housing tracts..littered with glass,gravel and potholes. I have at least 1500 miles on them with 1 flat,,in the rain. I dont baby them at all. But I always keep the air pressure @ 125psi as recomended on the tire. I will replace with the same when need be

Conti Grand Prix 3000 Michelin Axis Maxxis Xephyr

[May 09, 2008]
deklund

Strength:

Light, reasonable price

Easy to damage. Hit a modest rock and you will easily tear the side out.

Tires are light and easy to pack but easily damaged. Traction is a little iffy as well.

[May 02, 2008]
majorpain1251

Strength:

grippy, good road feel, low rolling resistance

cut very easily, flat prone

These tires are grippy and have a great road feel, but they cut easier than any tire that I have ever owned. I got less than 1200 miles from these tires before I just didn't trust them anymore.

2008 Cannondale Synapse 3, Ultegra group, Mavic Askium Race Wheels, Terry Fly Saddle, Shimano A520 Pedals