Veloflex Carbon Tires - Tubular

Carbon

• 300 threads per inch core spun cotton casing construction
  • 125 psi
  • Natural rubber compound
  • Latex inner tube for low rolling resistance
  • Calicot puncture resistant layer under the tread

Antonio Soares   Road Racer [Oct 14, 2011]
Strength:

Durability, very puncture resistent! Low rolling resistance. Excelent finishing.

None that I could notice. The only bad thing is that they are a bit difficult to find in stores.

Amazing product. Certainly the best tire I have ever used in my 10 years experience. One detail worth mentioning: mine are labeled Hutchinson. You will find Veloflex tires under a variety of names, and even unlabeled, as pro teams erase it due to sponsorship deals.

Similar Products Used: Vittoria EVO (lame), Continental GP4000
kanekikapu   Road Racer [Apr 27, 2011]
Strength:

oh man they are comfortable as hell. rolls real nice, plenty of grip. love the black sidewalls.

wasn't cheap, not the lightest, but okay, I'll take the tradeoff for a magic carpet ride. plus why cheap out on tires if you're spending a k or so on your set of fancy hoops?

I got a pair of these after plenty of research and coming off a set of veloflex black clinchers (best clinchers i've tried so far) for my new easton ec90 aeros. I had a very good experience with the blacks so I gave these guys a try. super comfortable, very well made, straight and mounts pretty easily.

Similar Products Used: a bunch of clinchers. first set of tubulars.
Steve Agronick   Road Racer [Nov 21, 2009]
Strength:

Very smooth & quiet, feel very fast so far

Price & weight, paid way to much and gained 80+ grams

I thought i would try these as a long time Tufo user I just thought a change would be nice, there is a slight difference (better), Very nice ride zero road noise and very fast. Would I buy a second pair for my TT bike "yes"