BikeHard Challenger Carbon 46 700c wheelsets - clincher

Challenger Carbon 46 700c

The BikeHard Challenger Carbon 46 is an impressively light wheel set with a wind-cheating aerodynamic 46mm rim depth. Weighing in at a mere 1435 grams per set, its low weight is attained by using the highest quality components that can be engineered. The

cycle1983   Road Racer [Nov 09, 2011]
Strength:

wind cheating depth. crazy light weight. almost half the price of anything else I could find and lighter. the skewers are as light as ti versions I used to have probably becuase they are hollow.

both hubs have a somewhat wide opening at each spoke which means you have to take the wheels off and use an allen wrench to open and clean off the bearing cartridge(if you run through mud, which I did once). Dont think this will effect the bearings becuase they look very well sealed, but i dont want to test that.

Much lighter than zipp or easton and after having tested them for a day I knew they were super stiff. Purchased them and have been nothing but impressed. The deep dish makes me feel faster once I've hit any speed over 15mph and they are light enough to climb with so I use them as an everyday wheel. Yet to true them up after 3 months of ny roads(it came with a spoke wrench). Everyone who sees my bike asks about them becuase they look cool.

Similar Products Used: spinergy stealth pbo
OVERALL
Lou   Recreational Rider [Sep 27, 2011]
Strength:

Usually wheels of this type are heavy and sluggish on the hills. Hills are my favorite type of ride and the Challenger Carbon 46 did not disappoint. Now, our roads where I live are pretty darn banged-up with bumps and potholes. These wheels held TRUE. There is also no rider weight limit. My 180lb body worked perfectly with these wheels. These wheels appear to be a mixture of REYNOLDS CARBON mixed with outstanding Apim CX-RAY spokes plus a proprietary sealed hub that hums along the road in a smooth fashion. I also noticed that after 24Mph on a flat roadway, the wheels felt like a rocket ship...at first I thought the wind was to my back.

So far, these wheels have been fine and of course only time will tell. I can't find any weakness after riding over 180 miles on them the past 6 weeks or so.

Whenever a review is written, the bottom line is always after a long-winded appraisal.

Let me get right to the point. These wheels ROCK!!! They are lightweight, compliant and solid. I purchased the CAMPY hub version and purchased a spare SHIMANO hub, for future use for one of my bikes. These wheels are affordable and "don't break the bank." So far they seem to be very resilient and trustworthy.

Similar Products Used: Mavic SL and Elites, Topolino, Campy Electrons.
OVERALL