Cane Creek Aros 58 wheelsets - tubular

Cane Creek Aros 58 wheelsets - tubular

• Carbon fiber 58 mm tubular rim to its elegant new hub design
  • The Aros screams “fast” because it is fast
  • Right past riders saddled with lesser wheels

[Jun 28, 2006]
pillowsplat

Strength:

Solid feel. Wind cheating ability. Hub design. ease to spin'em up.

Carbon tubulars at retail seem to be a bit overpriced for the performance gain. Once I get a race or 2 under my belt with them my opnion may change.

Cane Creek Aros 58 Tubular 2006 version.
Components are top notch.
Hubs are smooth out of the box.
Stiffness was noticeable.
Rims rode great one minor cosmetic flaw but less than a square MM. Certaintly not an issue. Rear wheel was perfectly true. Front was out side to side by 1 MM. The nipples at the hub and the little spoke wrench are great and 4 twists of asst. spokes and we were back in business. The first pedal stroke on the wheel must have screwed the freewheel cassette all the way on. It felt like it was slipping. Granted none of these things are big deal alone but it does show they were probably really handmade.
I'm a 212 pound rider that is why I chose this wheelset. They are rock solid while cornering , easy to spin up on acceleration and climb as well as anything I have ridden. The braking surfaces required a bit of brake adjustment so either the Bontragers or the CC are not standard. If the decals are a little to much advertising for you the decals come off easily.
They come with stainless steel skewars which are great but I would have expected titanium, I know I'm 212 pounds. I was also disappointed they did not come with wheel bags like Mavics.
I put Tufo Road Elites tubulars and used Hutchinson glue both worked fine with these rims. These are really race only wheels for me.