Cane Creek Carbon Tri/TT wheelsets - clincher

Carbon Tri/TT

With an ultra-light deep-section carbon fiber rim, a handful of bladed spokes, and the usual Crono hand-built quality, these wheels go as fast as you can pedal.

gpirate   Road Racer [Dec 11, 2003]
Strength:

Stiff, rigid, light, great looking, responsive.

These wheels are among the most fickle I have ever dealt with. Changing the brake pads and having to deal with protecting them all the time. You can't keep air in them when you are not riding and you cannot leave them in a hot car. Having to tru them after every race is also a big pain.

These wheels are definately fast and responsive, the best part of these wheels for me is the fact that when I step on the gas, i'm gone. Since the wheel is spoked at the hub it gives the wheel a more stiff feel. They start going and they go,.....if you don't have no wind.

Similar Products Used: Cosmic carbones.
jschmidlapp   Road Racer [Nov 26, 2003]
Strength:

As above, these wheels are extremely light (1200 grams/pair), very aero (same rim as Zipp 404), and blistering fast. The acceleration is simply breathtaking.

As another reviewer rightly stated, no wheelset is worth $1200 - $1400. So, if paying full retail (approx. $1400 new), then I'd say the price. Otherwise, none.

In a word, "Outstanding". Using these wheels in all but very windy conditions is akin to cheating. They are light, responsive, and of course, intimidatingly fast. I used them in two race conditions; once at State championships and once in a "friendly" training race.

Similar Products Used: Older Zipp 440's, Mavic Cosmic Carbone SSC.
kbull43   Road Racer [Mar 19, 2003]
Strength:

Stiff, lightweight and very fast. Very high "cool" factor.

None that I'm aware of.

Very fast, light and stiff set of wheels. The wheels feel like they can accelerate indefinately on flat and rolling terrain. They also aren't bad for climbing. Feel fantastic in a sprint.

Similar Products Used: Mavis Cosmic Carbones and Zipp 303s.
melmatt   Road Racer [Jun 11, 2002]
Strength:

Stiff, smooth bearings, ti bladed spokes, super light

Price if bought new. $1200 a set?! Come on. There is not a set of wheels out there that should be priced over $8-900.

I bought these used, but basically new. About 200 miles on them when I got them. Cosmetically they are the most beautiful wheels I have ever seen. Functionally I have no complaints either. They are super stiff, the hub is amazingly smooth. I have used these wheels in road races on flat and hilly terrain and they are super light. I have also used them in crits with tight corners with no problems at all. I run top of the line Vittoria TT's tubbies on her.

Similar Products Used: Remember, it is basically a Zipp carbon rim in the 404 model.