Hed Designs Ardennes CL wheelsets - clincher

Ardennes CL

With the CL model HED brings bulletproof durability to their lightweight Ardennes line. Suitable for cross ultra-distance riding or larger riders these wheels bring a new level of performance to the word value. The Ardennes CL Tubular Wheelset has a claimed weight of 1642 grams 732 gram front 910 gram rear. Compatible with clincher tires. Black rims with Silver spokes. 700c. ShimanoSRAM 8910 and Campagnolo 91011 compatible versions are available.

T Connell   Recreational Rider [Sep 08, 2015]
Strength:

Light, strong, stable, smooth.

Non

I have been riding these wheels for a year now and they are awesome. They roll great, handle incredibly and between the HED rings and White Industry hubs I couldn't imagine a better built wheel. A big Thanks to Richard at Pro Wheel Builder for his suggestions. I love my wheels.

Similar Products Used: Mavic and Easton
OVERALL
Robert Woodrow   [Oct 20, 2014]
Strength:

With three thousand miles on the CL's no problems for this 175 pound rider. The wheels were an upgrade from older Campy wheels (97 Shamals) whose hub finally failed and could not be repaired. Actually I think the CL's might just be a better wheel. I ride recreationally on a variety of roads in central Texas and have found the CLs to be smoother, and faster then the Shamals. Another big point is ease of changing tires. A flat on the Shamals was cause to activate the cell phone and call my sag wagon. The wheels have endured some of Texas poor quality back roads with no problem, in fact they are smoother than their predecessors.

At this point I have nothing to complain about after 3000 miles on the CLs. I got them at Competitive Cyclist for a competitive price, and have been a happy camper ever since.

Good wheels, good price, good ride.

OVERALL