Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL wheelsets - tubular

Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL wheelsets - tubular

WEIGHT:

• Clincher: front 787 g, rear 978 g (ED 10)
  • Tubular: front 762 g, rear 953 g (ED 10)
    RIMS:
  • Material: Maxtal, ISM lightened rim body with bidirectional carbon flanges
  • Joint: SUP welded
  • Braking surface: UB Control
  • Finishing (color): Mavic® specific carbon design
  • Eyelet: single stainless steel eyelet
    HUBS:
  • Integrated free wheel mechanism: FTS-L system
  • Adjustable, removable and sealed cartridge bearings

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 23, 2008]
    carlo_sg

Strength:

Robust, hassle free wheels. You do not have to worry about them while you riding. Suitable for training or racing. Strong resistance to varying road surfaces. "Feels" faster. Looks great.

Can be intimidating on decents or in a croswwind, which you become accustomed to. Relatively heavy at 1800g.

I bought these wheels brand new, and was pleasantly surprised with the accesories that were included. Wheelbags, valve extensions, bearing adjustment tool, spoke tools, wheel magnet & even additional stickers.
    These wheels are not light at about 800g Front & 1000g Rear, and still rim tape and extensions on top of that. The skewers are another 120g - which I upgraded to KCNC items.
    The wheels feel super smooth, and with the combination of my Easton fork, they seem to soak up bumps in the road well.
    Where I ride the road surface is not always great, and these wheels manage the bumps well and stay true.
    My first decent with these wheels was intimidating as it is very windy where I live and with high speed and a crosswind, it feels like the the headset is too tight, then you realise it is actually the wind catching the front wheel- it took me about 3 or 4 rides to get used to this.
    I'm not sure if it's in my mind but it feels as though you decend faster, and on the flats speed over 40km/h seem easier- and it can become addictive and you find yourself in the drops more often, listening to the subtly "aero" sound from the front wheel.
    Another bonus, the compliments I get. Often riding out and about I get people shouting compliments about my wheels!

[Nov 17, 2006]
    jsparie

Strength:

Strong dependable wheels even if you are a somewhat heavier/stronger rider. (I think mavic recommends the up to 100 kg)

A bit on the expensive side especially if you buy them new. A good used pair gives you good value for money I think.

Very nice wheels. With me weighing 87 kg they are still straight after a year of intensive use. And they look great to. Very fast wheels. Although the carbon rim cover looks fragile it really is very strong. No problems at all.

Mavic Cosmic elite, campagnolo proton and others.

[Jul 01, 2006]
    pdlpshr

Strength:

Looks, strong, aero, and relatively light for this type of wheel

Too heavy for an everyday wheel if your a weight weenie.

wicked look, light for such aero wheels that are not fully carbon or pain in the butt tubulars.

Ksyrium ES, 7701 Duraace, Reynolds