Mavic Ksyrium SR wheelsets - clincher

Mavic Ksyrium SR wheelsets - clincher

Mavic Ksyrium SR Road Wheelset. Tracomp technology is now available in the proven Ksyrium wheelset. The new SR-series Ksyrium is the best of both metal and composite spoke technology, leaving you with the best multi-performance wheel perhaps ever invented

[May 29, 2012]
fornaca68

Strength:

Durability and reliability. Looks (white rear hubs -- score!).

Not aero. But these are not aero wheels.

These are basically a hybrid of the Ksyrium R-SYS for the rear wheel and the bellwether Ksyrium SL on the front wheel. So you have carbon cyclindrical spokes on the rear with the Mavic-patented Tracomp technology for a super-stiff rear wheel, and all-aluminum bladed spokes on the front. The hubs are solid with good bearings. These are not the best hubs I've ever ridden -- Fulcrum/Campy hubs win that prize -- but they are solid all around.

For everyday training with the feel of a stiff wheelset that is reliable and looks sharp, this is your wheelset.

OVERALL
[Dec 05, 2011]
Chiwode

Strength:

Reliability. I've had other Ksyriums in the past and have one with 30K miles that I've never had to true. This set looks to be of the same durability. They're very light for clinchers. (Claim is something like 1450g for the set. I can't verify that, but they feel very light.) The braking surface is great. And they look great too.

Just the minor hub issue, easily fixed, which hasn't returned.

I've got 6000 miles on this wheelset with only one minor issue. Hub on front wheel worked itself slightly loose, and transmitted a puzzling cracking noise up through the fork. It took LBS mechanic overnight to diagnose where the noise was coming from, but after that it was a quick fix and all was good. I ride potholed, rough pavement with several RR tracks on my usual route. In 6000 miles they are as true as new. (I weigh 160 most of the time) I bought this wheelset because I wanted durable clinchers I could abuse as daily wheels and still be able to race with as well. I suppose I could buy a better set of wheels to race on, but I don't lose races because of my wheels. I lose races 'cuz I'm slower than the winners.