Neuvation Cycling C 38 wheelsets - tubular

C 38

At 1170 grams these are seriously light wheels. The American made 38 mm deep V section rims and Sapim CX Ray spokes (the best and most expensive spokes available) make these one of the best sets of wheels out there. Most people say they can push one more gear than normal because of their low weight and aerodynamics. Come with skewers and valve extenders.

Seany Mac   Road Racer [Nov 07, 2007]
Strength:

Light!!!! Impressed with the hubs and bearings.

umm for me NONE so far.

HELL YA!! I added the Ceramic Bearings to these from John. I mainly ride them in my local weekly crit, but have also done longer road races and traing rides with them. THEY ROCK. I was giggling like a little school girl for the first 5 miles i rode them. They are soooo light it was amazing. If you are looking for a light set of tubular wheels this is it!! mine weighed in (without sqrs @ <1200 gms!!

Sure I am small, 5' 5" < 137lbs but I know these wheels can take more.

Similar Products Used: old american classic (when they where still made here and worth a $hit) DuraAce, campy, ultegra, 105, 600.
Scott   Recreational Rider [Sep 12, 2006]
Strength:

Strong, light, smooth and reasonably priced within their category.

None that I have been able to find!

Here is the follow-up to my initial impression review. I have been pounding these wheels for a season and they have been trouble free, fast and remain true. I have not had to touch them! I am on the heavy side(185#) for these wheels but they are holding up great. The hubs continue to amaze with their smoothness. All things considered, a great alternative to Zipp's at a lower price..

Similar Products Used: Zipp 303/404's, Ritchey Carbon 404, Velomax 303's..
scottrs   Recreational Rider [Jan 09, 2006]
Strength:

Smoooooth hubs! Well built, light, aero, stiff, subtle/attractive decals that don't scream at you.

None; at this level you can only spend more.

I discovered these wheels when I was looking for an alternative to Zipp; I like their rims but have had build quality issues previously. Called Neuvation, spoke with John who is the owner. I have been riding for almost 20 years and have been an equipment geek the entire time; I was impressed over the phone with the knowledge that John conveyed so I ordered a set. The wheels arrived a few days later; they look really nice, the hubs are the smoothest rolling I have EVER seen and I have spun a lot of hubs over the years. The service manager at my LBS was equally impressed which says something as well. After a few short rides my initial impression is very good; it's winter here so only short rides so far. I like the front wheel being laced 1-cross as it seems to add a little stiffness. In general these wheels seem to be a little stiffer than the other 303 rimmed wheels I have ridden. Summary: a great wheel at a great price. I will post again when more miles have been racked up.

Similar Products Used: Zipp 303/404, Velomax equivalents.