Pro-Lite Bracciano wheelsets - clincher

Bracciano

• 27mm welded alloy rim.
  • 20/24h aero spokes.
  • Cartidge bearing hubs. 2 front 5 rear.
  • Polished silver.
  • Weight: Front 610g, Rear 845g.

• User Reviews (6)

Nicholas O'Sullivan   Road Racer [Jan 02, 2014]
    Strength:

Bomb proof reliability.

They come in any colour you like as long as its Black & White.

I'm only relatively new to the market of wheelsets. I've looked at what's on offer from the other brands such as Fulcrum and Easton but Pro-Lite stood out.

I purchased from in Australia from Pro-Lite OZ:

After reading countless reviews from other sites on riders who have had good experiences with Pro-Lite. I thought I would give it a go as the reviewers and forum posts I had read claimed that they had been in accidents and hit pot holes and the wheels have stayed true for years. I thought these wheels sounded perfect as the roads I ride often have potholes, though I never thought I would get in an accident. It turned out just two days after purchasing my wheels I went head over handlebars after hitting a pot hole, hidden by a speed hump. I thought my bike was a right off, it turned out just to be the rear derailleur though, but originally I did think my wheels were irreversibly damaged as well. But, boy was I wrong! They were straight and stiff and where still new. After repairing my bike I've since ridden close to 100km, put in a few sprints and ridden a few street circuits without any issues. I'm not that lighter rider either, I'm 86kg and my bike is 8.5kg. I ride Gatorskin Clinchers with 100PSI and I have no problem holding 35-42km/h(52km/h in sprints) on these wheels.

Wilz   Recreational Rider [Jan 08, 2011]
    Strength:

I wanted some light wheels for general training rides ; these got best buy from cycling plus so I bought a pair . I am 85KG and found the wheels do not flex uphills ,spin up quickly and are only just bettered by my Dura ace 7890(@£700)

none as yet , however looking at the prolite website, if you break a spoke you would need a pro to tension correctly!

Great Wheels at an unbelievable price

Similar Products Used: Campag Khamsin,Dura Ace 7890 carbon, kysrium elite.
    Trent   Road Racer [Sep 20, 2010]
    Strength:

Weight
    Straight and true out of the box - a great build
    Spin up bootifully

Hard to get to test - need to search hard to find them

I came across the Bracciano after reading reviews and meeting some people that ride their gear. The wheelset is great value for the money - I would rate it against much more expensive factory wheelsets I looked at and have ridden. It is a light set(mine on the scales sans skewers was a shade over 1400), something I notice when the road turns up. They are stiff - I am yet to get any noticeable flex on climbs, though I don't sprint and so can't comment under that type of load. What impresses me the most is how quickly they spin up - the bearings in the hubs are so very smooth, (sort of like me in my younger days) and run forever. I had just come off a borrowed set of what I rate as the best alloy clinchers around, the Fulcrum Zeros, and these compare favourably. they are a step up from their price-point's competition. So far, at about 150k a week, they have stood up beautifully to Sydney's pave and potholes.

Similar Products Used: Mavic Aksiums + Krysiums
    Fulcrum 3s and Zeros
    fit-as-a-fiddle   Recreational Rider [Feb 03, 2010]
    Strength:

Light, stiff, great hubs and relatively inexpensive

Pro Lite graphics are painted on, only a weakness if you want them removed although I think they look great!

I love these wheels! My CR1 came with the old style Mavic Aksium, not a bad wheel but super heavy. The Pr-Lites came out of the box true, and remain that way even though Ive been beating on them. Some of the roads I do are very chewed up and it amazes me how light (1500 grams) yet strong they are.

The wheels are aero at 27mm and feel pretty stiff, the hubs are very smooth. HIghly recommend for the price (and because they are great wheels!)

Similar Products Used: Mavic Aksium
    halmsi   Road Racer [Aug 05, 2009]
    Strength:

Light, Fast and Strong. Good looks and inexpensive price tag. These wheels just spin and spin and spin.

No local dealer. Bought sight unseen, but happy I did.

I was looking for something inexpensive to replace my FSA RD-220 training wheelset which was pitiful. I bought these without the pleasure of a test ride, but was impressed with the Pro-lite video from their website. These wheels have surprised and impressed me so far. Really fast hubs that spin up way fast. I only rode them for 20 miles, but it did not take long to notice the upsides.

Similar Products Used: Easton Circuit, FSA RD-220, Mavic Helium, Mavic Open Pro.
    magnetic62nd   Road Racer [Apr 02, 2009]
    Strength:

Light, Stiff, and Smooth

I'm not sure where to begin... I was in the market for a sub 1500gram clincher wheelset and wasn't finding a lot to get excited about. I had tried the Mavic's, which are super stiff and light, but they are expensive and completely unreasonable to work on. I rode the Velocity's and loved them, but overall they weren't as stiff as I felt I needed. I looked at the Easton's, which are light stiff, but I had heard mixed reviews on the hubs. So, I wasn’t really sure what I was going to buy. There are a few guys in my local club who ride Pro-lite wheels, the Stelvio and the Gavia Carbon Tubulars, and they have had very positive things to say. So, when I found the Pro-lite Bracciano’s and saw the price relative to other choices, I decided to give them a spin. I have not been disappointed. These are just as light as the Mavics, although admittedly not as stiff. But, I have given them several hard and hilly rides and have not noticed any perceptible flex. The wheels are solid all around. The rim profile is aero and the graphics are great. The logo’s are actually screen printed on, unlike the lower end models which have stickers. However, the stand out feature of the wheels would have to be the hubs. I’ve ridden Dura-ace hubs with ceramic bearings and I’m not sure that ceramic provides a smoother, faster ride then the EZO bearings. The acceleration is unreal. They spin up fast and maintain speed with minimal effort and are like rockets on the decent. I would put these wheels against any in its weight range, and for the price, you cannot beat them. If you haven’t heard of Pro-Lite, I can only imagine that by making wheels like these; it’s just a matter of time.