Reynolds Forty Six Wheelset - Clincher wheelsets - clincher

Forty Six Wheelset - Clincher

Reynolds Forty Six C Clincher Wheelset(0x983caff0)

lovethatsteel   Recreational Rider [Oct 25, 2011]
Strength:

DT 240 hubs.
Smooth riding.
Price compared to other carbon clinchers.

Haven't found one yet

I am really impressed with these wheels. They feel stiff and light and inspire a lot of confidence on fast downhills and corners. The light weight makes them very good in the hills. Some riders have complained about the stiffness of the ride, but I have found them to ride very nice with my particular bike setup.

Similar Products Used: Zipp 404 firecrest clinchers
Mavic k10's
OVERALL
MountainRide   Road Racer [Sep 06, 2011]
Strength:

Immediately I was impressed at how fast they where while still providing a smooth ride. They really shine when you get them up to speed and the aerodynamics can begin to work. They carry speed very well. Since they are still lightweight, it doesn't feel like you are carrying anything extra while climbing, which makes them great all around wheels.

These wheels require specific brake pads that are included when you buy the set. While braking, there is some noise, but no howling. The power is consistent, even on long descents. Over heating is not an issue.

The only negative remark I have about these wheels is concerning the hub and spoke combo. Many of the other wheel manufacturers have gone to a straight pull spoke and hub combo, many of which have a sleek concealed finish. The Reynolds wheels are still using traditional J Bend spokes with a standard flange. The upside to this is that you are more likely to be able to find a spoke that will work at your local bike shop, but I feel that it leaves the wheels looking a bit unfinished. I would love to see this cleaned up a bit.

Overall, I would definitely recommend getting a set yourself and love they way they have livened up my bike.

Similar Products Used: Roval Rapide 45 SL, Zipp 404 Carbon Clinchers.
OVERALL