Reynolds MV32 Carbon wheelsets - clincher

MV32 Carbon

• Ultra-high performance carbon wheelset that delivers a silky ride with amazing lateral stiffness
  • Rim is 30 percent shallower than the DV46T, providing stiff, strong, aerodynamic performance with a savings of 37.5g per wheel
  • Reynolds specific design DT Swiss 240s front and rear 8-10sp hubs
  • DT Aerolite spokes (radial front, radial non-drive/2x drive rear), Reynolds designed hex nipples
  • MV46 C: unique, single continuous piece of unidirectional carbon fiber material, with a carbon braking surface
  • Wheelset includes Reynolds titanium skewers, Swiss Stop brake pads, and spoke wrench
  • 1480g set - clincher

• User Reviews (3)

keyzerjf   Road Racer [Oct 14, 2009]
    Strength:

durable, SUPER lightweight, look awesome, climb well, stiff, aero-ish, no trouble in crosswinds, versatile

not coming in hipster colorways to match my tarck bike

I have the 2008 (non-UL series) version of this wheelset in a tubular. I have ridden them for about 600 miles and am very satisfied. They are durable--I dropped them into a cobblestone channel in a criterium and they survived with no evidence of damage. They spin up fast and maintain speed noticeably better than my training wheels (1600g aluminum alex wheels). They are stiff, especially in the front, which I did not expect. The ride is comfortable, but long downhills on mediocre roads will shake you up at high pressure (130+ psi). FYI, I'm 150lbs and 22 years old and run them at about 130/120 PSI front/rear.

The most noticeably great thing about these wheels is the cornering, which could also be due to my tubulars (vittoria corsa evo cx 290tpi). My cornering is much more confident with these wheels. They have been great for criteriums.

masterbiker   Road Racer [Mar 24, 2008]
    Strength:

Fast, Strong, Smooth and did I say strong

This is far the best wheelset I have ever used next to my DV46Tubulars. Very fast, I have hit plenty of potholes and wheel is straight and no cracks. I have used zipp wheels and have had nothing but problem, cant say that for Reynolds

granticimo   Road Racer [Mar 15, 2008]
    Strength:

Light
    Stiff
    Fast
    Good Looking

Have to use cork pads, other than that????

I bought these Reynolds MV32C wheels off of eBay, and they came with the full Powertap setup. The front had the powertap hub and the rear was set up with the powertap 2.4 wireless. Since I live in Indiana and bought these in December, I have only put about 200 road miles on them so far. I have put about 600 roller miles on them and all that I can say is that I am very pleased with them. They are very light weight and they spin up very fast. They feel incrediably stiff for being all carbon without the aluminum core like some wheels. I weigh about 190 lbs. and when I get on it they do their job and perform. Like I said, I have not put a ton of miles on them due to the weather, but they seem to be very durable. Indianapolis is notorious for bad roads and bad pot holes and needless to say I have hit a few of them with no ill effects on the wheels. Another thing that I like about these wheels is the ease of installing a tire. I can do it without any tools, where as the Mavics I have kill my fingers and my tire levers. The wheels also look super hot on about any bike they are on.