ROL Wheels M45 wheelsets - clincher

ROL Wheels M45 wheelsets - clincher

The M45 brings the performance of a medium-section carbon wheel to a wider audience. The 45mm rim height hits the sweet spot for aerodynamic performance with minimal weight penalty and confidence in cross-winds. And the alloy rim delivers reliable braking in wet or dry conditions with regular brake pads.

[Apr 03, 2017]
Dennis Winschel

Strength:

These wheels are stiff and roll smoothly. They feel like you are riding on rails.

A bit heavy for climbing and sprinting . . . .but I don't do that anymore!!

I'm a senior citizen cycling enthusiast. I bought these used because all the data consistently pointed to ROL wheels as quality wheels. When these came on sale I took a chance since these wheels are no longer in production. I couldn't be happier. Like the other reviewer has said, "These are solid and smooth. When you stomp on them they don't flex." I'm enjoying the heck out of these wheels. Wish I would have made this kind of upgrade sooner. I encourage those looking to consider ROL when looking at new wheels. Also these rims are the wider width. I'm finding that they make the ride noticeably smoother.

Easton Orion II, Neuvation SL6

OVERALL
[Jun 10, 2016]
Rolf

Strength:

Fast at speed. Aero. Carbon with AL braking surface. Durable. They look cool.

Not the lightest wheelset, but for aero carbon with aluminum braking they're not boat anchors.

Great for going fast! On fast rides (I notice the difference on flat to rolling Strava segments!) they.re noticeably faster than my everyday Rol Race SLR's. Stiff! When I hammer, they don't feel wimpy/flexey. Aluminum brake tracks! At 200 pounds, I don't have to worry about melting the rims on a downhill. Durable! 2500 miles and counting, typical great Rol durability. Great price! Bought them at the end-of-season sale, $1100 for this wheelset is a great value. Happy I got them, if these ever wear out I'll buy them again.

OVERALL