Shimano Dura-Ace WH-9000-C35 Carbon wheelsets - clincher

Dura-Ace WH-9000-C35 Carbon

Shimano Dura-Ace WH-9000-C35 Carbon Clincher Road Wheelset is a Carbon/Alluminum design. The lightness of Carbon and strength of a alloy rim braking surface gives enhanced rigidity and longevtity. 16 Spoke front and 21 Spoke rear configuration. Double B

Tlaloc   Recreational Rider [Apr 19, 2017]
Strength:

light and aero

un-serviceable

I wanted to lubricate my freehub but I couldn't because the end caps on the hub assemblies were seized. Neither my LBS nor I could disassemble them. I soaked them in liquid wrench and after four days I could remove them. Apparently someone at Shimano assembled them with dry threads and over-torqued them. They also didn't use the thin washer shown in the directions on the rear. The threads in the rear axle were stripped. I had to buy a new very expensive axle assembly for the rear wheel. This sux when you are buying a $2k wheel set.

OVERALL
Sammy   Road Racer [Mar 23, 2017]
Strength:

Aero, Fast, Stable, Strong & Durable

They aren't cheap, but worth the price...

This is my 4th set Dura Ace wheels in 15 years. I've previously owned two other pair of the CL-24s and currently use a 3rd pair of CL-24s for mountain specific climbing (I live in Colorado). I got these C-35's about two years ago from a friend who had never ridden them :) They are light enough to do extended climbing, but so fast and stable on mountain descents that I find myself choosing these time & time again over the C-24s even for big mountain riding. Like any deeper profile wheeelset, once you get the speeds above 23mph they shine bright like the sun...

I'd also add I weigh 136lbs and tend to be more of a spinner vs masher on the pedals. ~Stat safe out there