Spinergy Stealth FCC wheelsets - clincher

Stealth FCC

Spinergy Stealth FCC Road Wheels: Rim: Full carbon wheels with a style all their own. Lightweight and fast, these wheels will get the job done. Ideal for stage races, criteriums, triathlons and climbing.

Troy wolf   Triathlete [Jul 17, 2017]
Strength:

Great look and excellent technology in the PBO spokes. Plus the service at Spinergy is top notch!

None that I can tell

Although the wheels are excellent and light weight, cool technology in the spokes, and great looking, the greatest part is the service I received for Joe in the service department. Immediate call back and took care of my needs right away. Can't ask for much More

Similar Products Used: Zipp, Enve
Jay Ganaden   [Jun 02, 2017]
Strength:

Comfort, durability, easily serviced, disco looks with the yellow PBO spokes, and Spinergy Customer support.

None that I can think of.

I first bought these wheels in 2005 or 2006. Mine are built with the Corima tubular rim, and yellow PBO spokes. Today in 2017, these are some of the best wheels I've owned, including several Mavic sets, Zipp, HED, Oval, Campagnolo. I pretty much used these as a race set, where they held up nicely in my crit-focused style of racing. Also, I traveled a bit with them, in a soft shell bike bag between SF and Austin, and the wheels held up fine flying Southwest. Add to that they are super light , accelerating fast, and also amazingly comfortable. Mind you, I'm big sprinter type and have broken a share of carbon and aluminum parts.

So-- now I just want to ride them as a daily ride. I swapped out a Campy cassette body, and promptly let them sit on the coffee table too long half assembled, and well, wifey wanted to tidy up and I lost a couple parts. Doh, bad husband! This is where Customer Support saves the day! Joe is superb-- one hardly gets personal support these days. With a simple number, he knew exactly what I was looking for.

Buy a set of these wheels!

Jason S   Road Racer [Mar 17, 2016]
Strength:

Very light weight, the ride is incomparable to and other 45mm, little to no wheel flex under power.

None as of now and have over 600mi with no issues.

Use the cork brake pads, fit and finish is nice, the Carbon fibre is Corima, made in France a very reputable company, well worth the investment, I abuse my wheels and so far so good, What pothole?? Did not even feel it..go Pbo spokes!!!!! They are 22.6mm wide, which fits 25mm tires perfectly, they weigh in at 1550g, Their customer service Is very personal and you can't find that out there anymore,, thanks Joe and Rene

Similar Products Used: ZIPP 303, Dura Ace C24
Ronald Ronald   Road Racer [Jan 04, 2016]
Strength:

Great value for a full carbon wheelset. The PBO fiber spokes reduces road vibrations and greatly increases ride quality (compared to my Zipp 606 setup). The company also offers some customization on the color of the spokes if needed. Competitive customer service and hassle free warranty claims by Spinergy master wheel builder Joe D.

Spinergy wheels are only sold in pairs. Consumer do not have the option to buy just one wheel in stores. Single wheel purchase can only be done directly from Spinergy or an authorized distributor.

Highly recommended for those looking for ways to improve performance and ride quality. I love how the wheels feel end up buying 2 more Spinergy wheel sets (Xaero FCC and Xaero Lite) for my other road bikes. Overall, a good full carbon wheel upgrade and investment that offers a very soft ride. You'll have to ride one to appreciate.

Similar Products Used: Zipp 808 (Front and Rear)
Zipp 404 Front and Zipp 808 Rear
Spinergy FCC Xaero Front and Stealth FCC Rear
Spinergy Xaero Lite Front and Rear
Dave A   Recreational Rider [Oct 01, 2014]
Strength:

Durable, spins well, excellent on rough roads, Looks, Spinergy
service reputation is only beaten by reality.

Light for the depth of the rim but heavy in comparison to other wheelsets - not an issue for me. Changing tires can be more difficult than other wheelsets.

Several times over the past couple of years I have had questions and Spinergy always responds quickly and with the information I need. I bought my first set in 2010 and have put about 10,000 miles on the set. As someone else mentioned Joe @ Spinergy is the best in customer service. Of all my wheelsets (two sets of Bontrager Race X Lites, Rolf Vigor, and Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL, I have the most confidence in my Spinergy's. They are as light or lighter than all of the wheelsets except for the Rolfs and roll very well while riding smoother than any other. In the wind the profile allows them to get pushed around some but it isn't that bad. It you have to change a tire expect it to be more difficult than a regular wheelset since the rims seem to be a little bit large but they are thick giving me that bomb proof feeling which is more important that a quick tire change for me.

Similar Products Used: Rolf Vigor (about 5,000 miles use), Bontrager Race X Lite (combined about 15,000 miles use), Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL (about 5,000 miles use)
Bart   Road Racer [Apr 26, 2014]
Strength:

Ride quality, and comfort. Great service after the sale. I can't stress the service part more!!! Joe @ Spinergy service is great!!!

Not as light, or aero as some offerings. On race day, I still prefer my Zipp 404 tubies, but for a great everyday wheel these cannot be beat.

I've had these wheels for 4 years now. I replaced the bearings with Phil Wood bearings last year, and then they were damaged in a crash while my friend was riding them. Joe at Spinergy took great care of me, and I am glad to have my favorite wheels back in action. The ride of the PBO spokes is amazing. They are comfortable, but still stiff, and fast. They are my go to wheels to train on in good conditions. I use different wheels for bad weather training, just to keep these wheels as nice as possible. These are my favorite wheels ever. Again my Zipps are faster, lighter, and stiffer, but the ride of these are fantastic, and I personally feel Spinergy is a very underrated product, and more people should try them out. The service, and communication Joe in service provides is second to none. That alone is a strong selling point to me. It helps that the wheels are amazing though!

Similar Products Used: Zipp 404's, custom built DT415/White Industries, Fulcrum, Roval, Mavic, Rolf, and so on....
Deekay   Recreational Rider [May 07, 2012]
Strength:

Lateral stiffness, wide 22.6 rim, exceptional comfort, attractive 12k carbon weave, good braking, great value. Assembled in North America (Mexico) vs. Asia for other brands. French Corima rims.

43mm rim depth isn't the most aero set-up. Weight is simply ok for the depth. The supplied quick releases are heavy.

Just bought new. Front 675g, rear 840g (Total 1,515g - with no tape or skewers). Supplied rim tape (for both) was 35g.

Braking is better with the new Spinergys vs. used Williams. Very, very comfortable ride. Overall rating is only a 4 and not a 5 simply because there are better products out there (i.e. ZIPP 303 Firecrest clincher).

Similar Products Used: Mavic aluminum clinchers, 2011 Williams System 38/58 carbon clinchers
James Hamm   Road Racer [Mar 17, 2010]
Strength:

Ride quality, excellent feedback, not too soft or stiff, very solid feel. Good looks and matching colors spoke options

Heavier than advertised (I don't care)
Non aero spokes (I'm 42 and not racing anymore...again I don't care)

These wheels rock. After two years on Stealth PBOs, I switched to the Stealth FCC. The ride quality and the overall fit and finish is excellent. I know their hubs are not on par with Dura Ace or Mavics best but I'll stay on these every day. I have a set of Dura Ace tubeless and a set of Mavic R-Sys that sit on the shelf while these wheels get ridden day after day after day. I was having problems with my back from vibration and jarring on previous wheelsets (other than the Stealth PBO) but these made all that go away.

Similar Products Used: I own: Reynolds Attacks, Dura Ace tubelss, Mavic Krysium SLs and R-Sys Premious. All excellent wheels but I still prefer the FCCs.
ericstevens73   Triathlete [Jan 12, 2010]
Strength:

1. Comfortable
2. Very Strong - I'm a 200 pound rider
3. Stiff - Laterally and very responsive
4. Aero - 43mm profile
5. Comfortable!!! PBO Spokes eat up almost all road vibration!
6. Predictable - because they are stiff and give good feedback

They can be difficult to get tires on and off of. If trying to change tires in a super hury - well you may be out of luck!

I've riden thousands of miles on these wheels. I've gone through 7 bikes and have always stuck with my Spinergy Wheels. They are stiff, but not so stiff they come unstuck. They are supple, but not so supple you don't get road feedback re:slippage, etc. You could CX on these wheels if you wanted. They are strong, relatively light, and superior-ly comfortable! You can choose color variations to match your ride! Good looks, great performance, why wouldn't you buy these?

One problem I had with my rear wheel (bead split along the bead cap as a result of an issue with manufacturing, not a catastrophic incident and I road on it like that for weeks - the bead is 1/4" thick!) was corrected by Spinergy without cost to me outside the standard 1 year warranty policy. I feel they have superior customer service as a result. Communication and service was just amazing.

Overall experiance with Spinergy is A+!

Similar Products Used: Reynolds, Zipp, Edge
EDS1973   Triathlete [Jan 12, 2010]
Strength:

1. Comfortable
2. Very Strong - I'm a 200 pound rider
3. Stiff - Laterally and very responsive
4. Aero - 43mm profile
5. Comfortable!!! PBO Spokes eat up almost all road vibration!
6. Predictable - because they are stiff and give good feedback

Overall experiance with Spinergy is A+!

Similar Products Used: Reynolds, Zipp, Edge