Spinergy Xaero Lite Road wheelsets - clincher

Xaero Lite Road

Spinergy X Aero Lite Road Wheels: Spinergy X aero-Lite Wheelset is an Ultra light weight, high-performance wheel designed for racing on all types of courses.

John M Check   Recreational Rider [Jul 24, 2017]
Strength:

I am not always the easiest person to please and hardly ever make recommendations. I am a big guy (6'5" and 275) and have been hard on cheaper wheels. I was a bit dubious about a wheel labelled LITE but these wheels have been amazing. They have remained tru and they are smooth with excellent braking capability. I absolutely love my Spinergy Xaero Lite road wheels!

none noted... they do require minimal maintenance.

As I said, I love my Xareo Lite wheels. As a big strong guy, they have been awesome. I only ride 2-3 k per year. Not bad for 64 years old with 3 knee surgeries. They are quiet, and, solid, and very attractive.

I have several friends that have never heard of Spinergy until now.

Similar Products Used: Mavic Open Pro
Bill klintworth   [Jul 24, 2017]
Strength:

Zero maintenance issues, and the ride is much easier on your hands and neck and back.

As I have had no maintenance issues, none. Not tubeless compatible.

In an era where much of bikebtechnology has focused upon " stiffness", these wheels are a dream to ride. I have owned two sets, and expect to never purchase a different brand. I am 68 and have undergone two back surgeries, these wheels allow me to ride without discomfort. I highly recommend them, they will,transform a bike's ride from unpleasant to pleasurable.

manuel cordero   Triathlete [Apr 13, 2016]
Strength:

great rotation and no flexibility at all, for lateral movement. I had used them for long rides, short, climb and triathlon (and they will be at my first ironman this year)

I see no more weakness but just the truing the rims requires more time than standard, but ensure you will end up with a nice set up of rims.

I am really pleased and happy with this rims, they are awesome!!! We have ridden hundreds of kilometers and we will continue riding. right now even with my trainer I use the rims. AWESOME RIMS and no flexibility issues so far and I am a 200 pounder.

if you want to buy this set of rims, go ahead, I RECOMEND them to all levels.

great rims...

Scott Stanley   [Mar 05, 2016]
Strength:

Cost, durability, comfort, performance.

they lack the cache of much more costly wheels/brands

These are the second set pf Spinergy wheels I've owned. I have found them to me incredibly durable and the best value for money on the market. Spinergy lost brand image back in the 90s with their 4 spoke carbon wheels, But their PBO spokes are very strong and very comfortable. I don't know why more people don't buy these wheels. I love em.

Ronald Ronald   Road Racer [Jan 04, 2016]
Strength:

These are very light aluminum wheels with a softer ride. The PBO fiber spokes reduces road vibrations and greatly increases ride quality. The company also offers some customization on the color of the spokes if needed. Competitive customer service and hassle free warranty claims by Spinergy master wheel builder Joe D.

Spinergy wheels are only sold in pairs. Consumer do not have the option to buy just one wheel in stores. Single wheel purchase can only be done directly from Spinergy or an authorized distributor.

Highly recommended for those looking for a lighter aluminum wheels with a softer ride quality. This is my 3rd wheelset from Spinergy. Overall, a better light weight aluminum wheel upgrade and investment that offers a very soft ride. You'll have to ride one to appreciate.

Similar Products Used: Zipp 808 (Front and Rear)
Zipp 404 Front and Zipp 808 Rear
Spinergy FCC Xaero Front and Stealth FCC Rear
Spinergy Xaero FCC
Brian W   Recreational Rider [Jun 18, 2015]
Strength:

Bought these wheels during very first year they were available. 2000? Have not had to true them.
I ride about 4000 mi. per year. Packed dirt and asphalt. Over the years my weight has fluctuated
from 195 to 215. The damping qualities of pbo are ideal for cycling. Smooth and quick to spin up.
Sweetest ride ever. Rides like a dream.

did replace wheel bearings once. If the rear spokes make creaking noise, I pinch the drive side spokes slightly, and rub ski wax on the spot where the spokes rub each other. This seems to last about half the season.

Lightweight. The feel must be experienced to be appreciated. Virtually no maintenance.
I can't compare the ride to anything else I've ridden. When these need to be replaced, I wouldn't
consider anything else but Spinergy

Steve   Recreational Rider [May 08, 2015]
Strength:

Spinergy customer service. Spokes never break. Stays true. Comfortable smooth ride. colored spokes look sharp.

Can be hard to get local shops to work on. Must remove rim strip to adjust spokes. The wheels are so trouble free you tend to ignore normal maintenance.

These wheels stayed true for over 5 years without any adjusting when a rear rim cracked at an eyelet. It turned out that the I'd let the spoke tension get too low so the stress wasn't spread over the rim. Joe at Spinergy stood by their wheels completly. I could not be happier be with their service, he built me a new wheel and and only charged for the rim.