SRAM S60 wheelsets - clincher

SRAM S60 wheelsets - clincher

Conquer climbs and flat roads alike with SRAM's sleek S60 wheels. These do-it-all hoops boast responsive unidirectional carbon rims with a detailed...

[May 12, 2012]
skibud2

Strength:

These wheels absolutely cruise on flats and downhills. I didn't notice a major weight hit while climbing.

None that I have seen.

Overall very happy with my purchase.

[Jan 09, 2012]
John Scott

Strength:

they are pretty much bomb proof! i have raced and trained on these wheels for about 2.5 year and never had to true them. i weigh 160 and have hit some huge holes with them!!!!

they are a little heavy, weighing in around the 1800 gram range.

These wheels have been amazing! I have put somewhere in the range for 20,000 miles. I have never broke a spoke, had to true them, or had to rebuild the hubs yet. i am going to do it this year, not becasue i have to, but just to do it.

zipp 303s, 404s, 808s, custom built wheels, silk 38mm wheels, dt swiss wheels. i have rode alot of wheels and these are a great training/ racing wheels

[May 13, 2011]
led1002

Strength:

Low price nice graphics

Poor quality control.
Weak pawl mechanism

I bought these thinking they would be of high quality since they are manufactured by Zipp. They have turned out to be the worst set of wheels I have ever owned. The first sign of trouble was a broken spoke on the rear wheel drive side. I was able to get free replacement spokes but the replacement also broke not long after replacing. It was then that I realized that the nut tensioning the spoke was installed backaward and was causing the failure. The rear pawl mechanism also tends to slip periodcially when under load when climbing. Justt recently the front wheel has developed a horrendous creaking noise and I am concerned the carbon may be separating from the aluminum rin.

Revolution Wheelworks, Mavic Ksyriums

[Mar 23, 2011]
oldgeek

Strength:

Good quality. Aluminum rims so brakes work right. Really surprisingly Aero, makes a noticeable difference.

Dumb ass valve extensions.

I shopped around for quite a while. I kill wheels every two years or so. Something about being 205 lbs. I needed some new wheels and I thought Aero would help me in a Grandfondo this summer.

These are really nice wheels. You feel fast right from the start. Yes they are a few grams heavier, but I could conceivably lose the entire weight of my bike off my belly if I really tried. Strength I need. these got it.

They are noticeably stiff, but you can run slightly lower air pressure if you want as these are less than a millimeter narrower than HED C2 wheels. So the wide tire bed effect works here too. Stiff translates into feeling road texture, which is not a bad thing.

Only cloud is the dumb-ass SRAM valve extension. Total Crap. What would a proper valve extension ( with a presta valve in it) cost, another 75 cents? I bought a set of Vitoria extensions at my LBS. For a product over a grand this is penny pinching.

Summary I like them. No regrets. Good quality, and good price. Nice thing about companies establishing a brand is they have to price low. Get them while they are still cheap.

Botranger, Fulcrum, Neuvation, Mavic.

[Jan 14, 2010]
ryabusa

Strength:

VERY FAST, VERY AERO! Great for all round riding, racing, training (for hills b/c they're a little heavier than a true climbing set, rated rider weight up to 100 kg (220 lbs), great looks, bladed spokes, awesome power transfer, increased average speeds/max speeds. It's true element would be: TT's, Criteriums, Triathlons.

I don't know if it's a weakness, but if you're looking for the "dimples" on the carbon dish just like the Zipp's, sorry to report that they don't have 'em. But, unless you're a Pro Tour caliber racer, I don't think most of us would notice the lack of dimples. Otherwise, no weakness.

I was having problems with the OEM Mavic CXP22's and spoke issues. I was gonna go with Zipp404's but a local racer at the LBS recommended me this wheelset (Zipp is now owned by SRAM). I wanted a good,all around racing/training wheel that happened to FLY in the flats and descents, I am not disappointed, and neither will you! Just like the other reviewer said, the aero advantages will have you spinning a higher cadence in a higher gear (I normally run CA 18 at 53X19, that same section is 53x15 at 100 rpms). I will be using them for crit racing this summer. The ride quality is amazingly compliant, stiff, light (compared to the CXP22), and plush (sounds like an oxymoron to stiff). They suprisingly handle well on descents with many switchbacks. Also spin up fast from a standstill. You can really feel these things transfer power well in sprint situations. Be sure to buy spare spokes to eliminate any downtime. I recently broke one and it took two weeks to find the proper size.

[Sep 20, 2009]
TonynTX

Strength:

Looks...ride..value..

As with any Aero wheel in this price range there is added weight..so steep climbs could be a issue for soe..but going down...they fly.

Got a great deal on these so I thought I would try them out. I have Kyserium SLs on the bike and wanted something a little more aero for flats. They look awesome, well built, spin up nice, provided a nicer ride than the Mavics, roll forever. On small hills I really did not notice them slowing me down, steep or long hills you wlll feel the extra weight..not enough to regret buying them. On Flats I found I was using a gear higher than I normally do and maintainig higher speeds. I researched alot before I bought these..just did not have the coin or desire to pay 2000 for a new pair of Zipps a great as the are. These are the 2009 model..the rear hub is louder than the Mavics...but I like it..when you are off the pedals they sing..I am a big fan of Sram and the products they are producing of late..They look awesome on the bike..they perform great and I do not regret the purchase at all..

Spinergy and Easton and Mavic