Velocity A23 Pro Build wheelsets - clincher

A23 Pro Build

The A23 is the newest road wheelset from velocity. The rear hub has offset flanges to provide precise tension, allowing for a symmetric wheel that is stronger and stiffer than a rim laced to a ?traditional? flanged hub; which optimizes powe...

cam   Recreational Rider [Feb 03, 2014]

These are light, roll very well and the most important bit, a 23mm width, so they are also comfortable and hndle really well with a wider footprint.

Not high on bling if that's your thing.

I have had these for about 18 months and they haven't missed a beat. Set up on a CAAD10, they have proven nice to ride and with the width, really comfortable. I run 23 or 25mm Schwalbe ultermo's around 90-95psi. I'm 74kg. As a result they grip well and ride very smooth. I've had Mavic Kysirium's, Open pro's, custom noibium wheels, DT Swiss Mon Casserols (Terrible) and so far these are my favourites. CX Ray spokes and no brand hubs, they weigh 1400grams. Durability appears pretty good, no issues and have hit a few big potholes, ridden gravel and bike paths at times. They are stiff enough that I haven't experienced brake rub when stomping it or cornering hard.
The only negative is they not high on bling, and so I've never seen anyone out there with them, which is surprising given their sub $800 Aus price. At this pice point there's not too many wheels with this combo of weight and performance.
Go get some I say.

Similar Products Used: Mavic Kysirium Elites - Strong but fairly heavy.
DT Swiss Mont Casserrol - Light but real wheel had numerous cracks at spokes after 12 months.
Custom wheels