Vuelta Zerolite Comp Road wheelsets - clincher

• Spokes: Aero 3.3mm Stainless Spokes
  • Spoke Count: Front: 24 Rear: 24

[Oct 24, 2017]
Randy Garrity

Strength:

Strong, smooth, inexpensive, disc and rim brake,

Heavy

When buying this wheel set.You have to remember what your spending and then see what all you get.I have owned mavic crossroc in the past.Mavic builds some of the finest wheels to be found for MTB use.And a wheel set that yes does it all.However the spokes came loose in mine and after easy rides!So with that in mind and weigh out the cost.The mavic run 400.00 I got mine for 200.00 great wheel great price.Now I needed a less expensive but strong wheelset.The mavics I had wouldn't accept disc brakes.When disc was ut when I bought them.These wheels accept both rim and disc.Whats more is when I got the zerolite wheel set.The front bearing cones were to tight.So I did what I do to all my open bearings through out.That remove them and clean out the grease.Then using a dremel with polishing bonnet.And both red being the more course polishing compound.I begin polishing out the bearing races.Once that's done.I swap bonnets and go to the white super fine for the final finnish and talk about a nice rolling wheel!! I used park bearing grease.Set the bearing tolerance as should be.With zero play in the bearings to cone.But not tight its a fine balance.But easy to achive.Then after some 20 miles you will feel a real difference once both bearing and races mate.Being the break in period.Things then really get rolling real smooth! That I cant tell you which wheel set rolls better.My old mavics or these.And I only paid 90.00 for the set I now own and happen to be very happy with.Granted the axles are heavy and threads crude.As are the bearing races for the inside cups.Looked like a heavy tin type.So how long the bearings will last is anyone guess but mine.However there replaceable so wheres the beef?Same for the axles when I may go to a solid cromo setup.When the quick release look and work fine.There also abit heavy.So relace with the solid cromos and have a much stronger and lighter setup.Not to mention not as easy to steal.You can spend all the time looking all over the internet for a better deal on another wheel set that does what these do.And you will ether own used for the same or more money!Which is exactly why after reading others honest reviews I jumped on the set I have and now like a lot. I wouldn't do anything different if to do it over.The only thing I can add is this.Im no fan of the thin presta valve stems for many good reason less one.The fact you can hold the valve stem right where it should be.That I can live without.For what they also bring in pains.Starting with airing up the tire.I don't care to carry what will sooner be lost in the valve stem adaptor.When every where in this country you wont find any place that has the right air fitting for use with any presta setup period.All Schrader so what do you do?Simple drill them out to fit the good ol USA stem.Then never need worry about how to air up or how your not to get slime into that tube.You wont with the skinny pain in the poop.I no longer use slime when I did for decades.Back when I had the real reason.And one I don't now.Being slime will typicaly get you home and in the morning.Its anyones guess if the tire will hold air and half the time not!Once the tires punctured the tube trashed.You wont be able to patch it no way no how.Unlike not running it makes patching easy!And works.Bottom line slime will cost you ALOT in more money!Along in more time believe it when I lived it to well know what I talk as always only the truth.

[Dec 25, 2011]
Felipe

Strength:

Cheap, reliable and durable

A little heavy if you are a competitive cyclist. But otherwise, pretty good for the money.

I got these wheels on eBay, and they are beautiful. The hubs are really good and smooth, and definitely noticed a big improvement in my up hill climbs. I don't know what the other reviewer is seeing when he says they are crap. Remember from your physics class that bearings spin very differently when they are under a load as opposed to free. These are not the best, but the performance for dollar ratio is the best you can get for 109 dollars. If you want something better, go with the superlites, but it will be more expensive. If you are just commuting, then these are your wheels.

[Nov 22, 2011]
Jayson Seaman

Strength:

cheap

hubs

I got these wheels solely to ride on my trainer on my tri bike in the winter, and maybe on some early spring rides. I couldn't even justify keeping them for this purpose at the $109 price - the hubs were total crap. They barely even spun out of the box, and even after adjusting the cones, they could hardly keep their momentum. Put your money toward something else.

Vuelta Zerolite HD on a commuter (OK!)

[Feb 09, 2010]
Dave

Strength:

Strength, spin, descents, and they look great.

Weight, unless you think you can get a wheel-set under 1500 g's for $109 delivered.

I purchased these wheels from Bike Island for my second road bike that I use mainly for commuting. The wheels are super for $109. Very strong and true, even after hitting pot holes and the like. The wheels are around 2100 g's, but for the price and durability I'm can't complain.

Xero ultra lites, Neuvation R 28 SL2, Mavic Open Pro Ultegra