Diamond DM-1 Pro Race Review – Twain Mein
- Toray T700 Carbon fiber frameset
- 73 degree head tube, 73.5 degree seat tube
- Claimed weights: Frame: 1030 grams, Fork: 380 grams. Actual total w/o pedals: 7460 grams (16lbs 7 oz)
- Price: $2295
- Oversize and tapered 1.25/1.5″ fork
- Full Shimano Ultegra 6700 gruppo with 53/39 x 11/25 gearing and 172.5 cranks
- 57CM size tested
- Light weight components including Edge Design stem (95 grams), Vittoria superlight tubes, carbon bottle cages (22 grams), and 1490 gram wheelset.
Michael and David Diamond are the brains behind the new Diamond Bicycles DM-1 Pro. They’ve put together a great value with top-notch components and an impressive frame. Speaking of value, this Ultegra-equipped bike sells for $2295; compare this to a Trek Madone 6.2, which retails for nearly $4200 (and has a lower quality Shimano 105 cassette), and you can see this is a good value for the money.