Axiom has been creating innovative, reliable, and affordable cycling accessories since 1988. For 2012, they’ve come up with a new line of CNC’d aluminum mini-pumps. Aptly named Blastair, the line includes 4 variations (2 high pressure and 2 high volume models). Featured here is the Blastair HPS, designed for high pressure needs. Weighing in at just 84 grams, this diminutive pump is both sleek and lightweight.
What stands out to us is the attention to detail in the build of this pump, the combination of anodized aluminum with CNC’d details has always been a winning combination in our book. The knurled cutouts on the contact points gives the Blastair a very high end, high performance feel.
The HPS mini-pump is rated to reach 160 psi, but given it’s size, we imagine it’d take quite a determined cyclist with a lot of arm strength to reach that. Real world situations, for example, when you’re on the side of the road trying to get your flat fixed and back to pedaling, we’d expect something closer to 75 psi.
The Blastair HPS comes with a frame mount, and is available now for just slightly under $40 msrp at your local bike shop or online.
- CNC machined lightweight aluminum
- Efficient single-action, high-pressure design
- Knurled texture grip points with machined grooves for added grip
- TipFlip CNC machined locking lever is easy to access and stays out of the way of spokes when in use
- CNC aluminum valve cap with MudPlug
- Aluminum pump shaft
- Reversible Presta/Schrader valve connector
- 160psi pressure rating
- Includes mounting bracket + mounting bolts
- 17 x 2.4 x 1.85cm – 84g