New SRAM RED represents the pinnacle of Road racing technology and delivers countless Performance Advantages to the Professional and Enthusiast alike.
Available: March 2012
Groupset MSRP: $2575
New SRAM RED Changes Everything
For 2012, the new SRAM RED continues in the SRAM tradition as the leader in light weight, flawless shifting, and ergonomic advantage with gorgeous aesthetic styling. How did we improve on the world’s best mechanical gruppo? We started with everything we knew, and then designed a brand new drivetrain from scratch. Each part was engineered with the twin goals of eliminating the superfluous while focusing on an overall synergy that translates into unmatched performance. Elegant and simple, SRAM RED perfects the riding experience through genuine innovation. SRAM RED changes everything.
THE PERFORMANCE ADVANTAGE:
- 6 BRAND NEW COMPONENTS: Shifters, Rear Derailleur, Front Derailleur, Brakeset, Crankset, Cassette
- NEW FRONT SHIFTING TECHNOLOGY: Fast / Efficient / Low noise
- FULLY INTEGRATED POWERMETER: New Quarq Technology
- AMAZING NEW FINISH: Two-tone Falcon Grey and Black look
- SRAM RED TOTAL WEIGHT: 1739g (BB30). The lightest groupset ever.
The new SRAM RED ErgoDynamicsTM Shifters represent our most advanced thinking yet on perfecting the interface between rider and bike. We have scrutinized everything, including the transition between handlebar and hoods, the grip texture, finger wrap, and the separate interfaces with both the shifter and brake lever.
• ErgoDynamicTM design: best in class control & comfort
• New reach adjustment to fit all hands
• DoubleTap® and ZeroLossTM mechanisms for smooth and precise shifting
The derailleur is designed with our Exact ActuationTM technology for precise, efficient shifting. We have paid rapt attention to the finer details, like adding a hollow titanium anchor bolt and even refining tooth geometry of the jockey wheel.
• Exact ActuationTM: fast and accurate shifting
• New AeroGlideTM jockey wheels for silent performance
• New cage and body design for improved cassette clearance
Instead of simply moving back and forth, the derailleur cage actually rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. We call it YawTM Technology, and it eliminates the need for shifter trim.
• Revolutionary YawTM Technology eliminates trim
• Fast and precise optimized shifting
• Refined materials for stiff and lightweight cage
The new SRAM Red Powerdome XTM is the most advanced cassette ever made. It is super light, deadly silent, and delivers an undeniable perfor- mance advantage. The eight cogs in the middle are machined from a single block of high grade tool steel, increasing stiffness while weighing even less than a titanium cassette. Between each cog in the block is a StealthRingTM elastomer to reduce vibration and noise.
• Super light 10 speed hollow steel dome construction
• StealthRingTM elastomers for silent ride
• Aluminum large cog and super durable finish
The new SRAM Red ExogramTM Crankset is completely hollow all the way to the spider. Its hidden bolt pattern makes better use of carbon fiber to further improve stiffness and shed weight. The stunning X GlideTM chainrings are optimized for use
with the YawTM Technology in the front derailleur, delivering seamless, flawless performance.
• Featherweight ExogramTM hollow carbon construction
• X Glide RTM chainrings: advanced shifting technology
• Hidden bolt for increased strength and stiffness
The new SRAM Red Brakeset has been created with a host of wind-cheating features to make the brake body more aerodynamic. The new patented AeroLinkTM arm reduces frontal area while improving braking performance and modulation.
• AeroLinkTM arm: improved modulation and high power
• Sleek profile and aero barrel adjuster
• Aero indexed 4-position quick release
A lighter, more accurate power meter completely integrated with the philosophy and performance of SRAM RED. The sleek new geometry reduces system weight and delivers clearance for oversized frames and aerodynamic chainrings. Integrated electronics minimize interconnections and reduce exposure to the elements, bringing unmatched durability and reliability.
• Lightweight and +/- 1.5% accuracy
• Integrated electronics = maximum reliability
• Ease-of-use: Visible ID, LED indicator, replaceable battery