Now you too can own the bike Fabian Cancellara rides during the cobbled classics.
Trek has made its Domane Classics Edition bike available to the general public. The bike designed specifically for Fabian Cancellara’s conquest of the cobbled classics, and formerly only available to Cancellara and his WorldTour teammates, will run you $11,520 and is available through the Wisconsin-based bike maker’s Project One custom bike program.
The Domane Classics Edition is purpose-built for rough road riding, and is designed around a frame with what Trek calls pro endurance geometry where a lower head tube and longer wheel base allow for a more aggressive riding position. Head tube length on a size 56cm is 12cm versus 17.5cm on a standard Domane 6.9.
Other frame highlights include increased tire clearance, a one-piece steel derailleur hanger/dropout that helps maintain smooth and precise shifting even on rough cobbled roads. And of course it doesn’t come with fender mounts like its consumer-oriented cousin.
Spec highlights include a Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 drivetrain and Bontrager Aeolus 3 D3 carbon wheels. You can see full spec details below.
“It’s very cool that Trek makes ‘my’ bike available to consumers,” said Cancellara. “It’s a very special bike for me. Together Trek and I have put a lot of time and energy in the development of the Domane and I’m happy that it’s out there now.”
The highlight of the frame is the IsoSpeed where the seat tube is isolated from the rest of the top tube.
The Domane Classics Edition is built around Trek’s IsoSpeed frame design, which increases compliance by isolating the seat tube from the rest of the top tube.
The custom-painted limited edition frames are hand built at Trek’s Waterloo facility and are available in frame sizes from 54cm to 62cm. The Domane Classics Edition will only be available as a complete bike build.
Full Spec Details
- Frame: 600 Series OCLV Carbon, E2, BB90, DuoTrap compatible, IsoSpeed
- Fork: Domane IsoSpeed full carbon, E2 asymmetric steerer
- Wheels: Bontrager Aeolus 3 D3
- Tires: Bontrager R4 Hard-Case Lite, 700x25c
- Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace STI Di2, 11 speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2, braze-on
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Crank: Shimano Dura-Ace, 53/39 (double)
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-25, 11 speed
- Saddle: Bontrager Team Issue
- Seatpost: Bontrager Ride Tuned Carbon seatmast cap, 20mm offset
- Handlebar: Bontrager Race X Lite IsoZone, OCLV carbon, VR-CF, 31.8mm
- Stem: Bontrager Race XXX Lite, 31.8mm, 7 degree
- Headset: Cane Creek IS-8 integrated, stainless cartridge bearings, 1-1/8 to 1.5
- Brakeset: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Sizes: 54, 56, 58, 60, 62cm
More Info at www.TrekBikes.com.