Sidi Genius 6.6 Carbon Road Shoe Pro Review – by Russell Clark
- Patented full carbon sole
- Heel Security System prevents power robbing heel lift
- Vented, reflective heel cup
- Soft instep closure system w/Ultra SL buckle reduces numb spots
- High-security Velcro won’t shift or slip
- Sizes 38-48
- MSRP – $475
The Sidi Genius 6.6 lies second in Sidi’s road shoe hierarchy. Built on the ‘Sidi Full Carbon Sole’, which is the same platform found on their flagship shoe: Ergo 2 Carbon. With two ‘High Security Velcro’ closures on the instep and the and ‘Caliper Buckle’ ratcheting, top enclosure.
Sidi is one of the most aesthetically appealing cycling shoe brands I’ve seen. When the Genius 6.6’s landed in my hands, I was almost reluctant to get them dirty. They are beautifully made: flashy, classy, and robust. However, as soon as I was home, I buttoned up a new pair of cleats for my ride the very next day. I enjoyed breaking them in for a couple weeks before racing in them in local road races and criteriums.