TRP R960 Road Bike Brakes Pro Review – By Twain Mein
- Lightweight Dual Pivot caliper brakes
- Forged and CNC’d 6061 Aluminum Arms
- Adjustable cartridge pad holders with SwissStop pads
- Patened “Slyde” quick release
- Titanium nuts n bolts
- Available in anodized Red or Black
- Reach: 39-49mm
- Claimed weight: 120 grams each; 240 total with pads. Actual 238 grams total with pads.
- MSRP: $399; (Currently available for much less)
TRP specializes in bicycle brake calipers and levers for a range of applications including road, mountain, cross, and tri/tt. They use a variety of materials including carbon, aluminum, and titanium. The TRP R960 is the lightest in their line of road brakes and features very lightweight forged and CNC’d aluminum arms.
What strikes me first about these brakes is that they are massive. The calipers are 30mm wide. They are 100% wider than Zero Gravities which measure 15mm across. They also use three arms to enable the dual pivot mechanism. Conveniently, the centering bolt is easily accessed for fine tuning.