Vuelta Corsa-Carbon Clinchers Pro Review – By Twain Mein
- Full carbon clincher rim
- 6mm “lowered” brake surface area to prevent heat build-up
- 20 spoke front, 24 spoke rear with triple-butted aero and stainless steel spokes, sealed cartridge bearings and “lubeable” cassette body.
- 50mm rim for aerodynamics
- Claimed: weight — Front: 703 grams, Rear: 958 grams, total 1661 grams
- Actual — Front: 740 grams, Rear: 990 grams. +69 grams.
- $1500 MSRP for the pair
- Includes cork brake pads and brake pad holders
I’m not that familiar with the Vuelta brand, but their website explains that they’ve been around since 1992. Their site further claims “it is no wonder that Vuelta continues its reign as the current UCI world hour record holder, and owner of the coveted title of World’s Fastest Wheels.” I didn’t really have much opinion on the company, but I was excited to test full carbon clinchers, as it seems that carbon clinchers is where great strides are being made in innovation.