Diamondback 2000 Crestview Older Hybrid Bike

hybrid, Hybrid Mix components, Diamondback fork

[Jun 08, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, color, seat, components

Fruity curvey frame

I bought this bike to commute and to ride to the store or cruise around on over the weekends. So far it has worked out great. I have def. gotten my moneys worth out of it. I brougth it back to the bikeshop for it's one month free tune up, and it has been working great every since. If your looking for an inexpensive bike to commute on, check out the diamondback line.

[Jun 04, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable ride, inexpensive

I used this bike as a commute bike, with some recreational rides on weekends. Strictly road riding, asphalt and concrete, no off road. The other day, while riding on a flat , unblemished asphalt trail, the front fork severely bent, sending me flying over the handlebars. I landed on my chin, sprained my wrist and jaw, and required 5 stitches.

Needless to say, I believe there is a manufacturing defect in the fork (Diamondback fork, no suspension). I think this deathtrap should be recalled, and have already returned it to the dealer.

Buyer beware! This seemed like a good buy and rode well for the first three months (took it in twice for regular tune-ups) before the fork gave out with no warning. Had I been on a road instead of a bike trail, I probably would have been mutilated by a car.

This deathtrap is a piece of sh*t. Don't buy it.

[Mar 16, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

This Bike Is Ment To Cruise The Paved Road In A Comfy Upright Riding Position

Cheap Seat Broke After A Year Of Riding