Diamondback 2000 Sherwood Older Hybrid Bike

hybrid, Hybrid Mix components, RST 801-6, 1.6" travel fork

[Jun 08, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

frame, color, components

My wife kept nagging me to get her a bike so she could ride with me, so I looked around to see what I could find. She didn't want a road bike because she thinks they are uncomfortable and I didn't want to spend a fortune on a bike that she will probably only ride once in a blue moon. I looked all around and everything I found she didn't like. She decided that she didn't want a ladie frame because there is no need for it. She finally liked how the Diamondback Sherwood looked and we got her it. I am very surprised with how well it has held up. I thought that since we weren't paying top dollar for it, we would get below average components and a poorly built frame, but I was wrong. For the price you get descent components that take a beating and a nice looking, quality built frame. She and I are very happy with the bike. she has ridden it a lot more then I thought because of well it is built and how well it handles and rides. Diamnondback really did a good job with their hybird line.

first bike for my wife

[Jul 26, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame, color, components

rims

This is a great bike. For the money, you can't do this well. Very comfortable, fast, and light. Replace the ZAC-19 rims though, because I broke one of the spokes the first week I rode. Purchased Velocity Glider rims which solved that problem. Diamondback does not sell this model any longer, which is a shame.

Raleigh, Schwinn