Diamondback 2001 Oak Point Older Hybrid Bike

[May 18, 2002]
splions

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight but solid feel. Smooth shifting. Comfortable riding position. Rides great on the street and trails; tire design really helps here. No mechanical problems to date.

The seat is a little uncomfortable. I am 6'''' 210lbs...maybe that is the problem. I don''''t think I would ever use 24 speeds; I just stick with the middle three.

It''''s a pretty solid bike. I use it for aerobic exercise 3 days a week. It''''s alot of fun to ride. Great value for the money. I bought it at the end of the model year for $280 versus normal retail of $440...WHAT A BARGAIN! Just like a car, what till next years model comes out and buy.

Old Cheap 10 speeds

[Jul 31, 2001]
Weekend Warrior

OVERALL
Strength:

The front suspension and the suspension in the saddle are excellent. I like the gear shifters also.

I bought this bike because I wanted to start biking again after 18 years. I have to say that this is very nice bike for the price...it handles gravel roads as well as paved ones well. Great price for the value.