K2 Bike 2000 Rosario Older Hybrid Bike

hybrid, Hybrid Mix components, K2 fork

[Aug 22, 2000]
Al

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality components throughout for an entry level bike. Climbs very well for its weight. Good selection of gears. Handles pavement and pot holes and gives a decent ride.

A little on the heavy side. Tried to obtain information from K2, might as well have tried calling the Pope. Could use some more color schems, it won't stop the ladies dead in their tracks so they can stare at your going by.

I tested a lot of bikes in this price range and thought it was the smoothest of the bunch. The Shimano components sold me. I'm sure you can find a better bike, but I'm sure you'll pay a lot more. This bike is ideal for the paved trail that I use every day here in Plano. So far I've put on almost 1K miles and no serious problems to note. I did change out the seat because the original was too plush and added a Rock Shock Jett XC. It may have added too much weight to the bike but it helped level out the pavement. Overall a great bike for the price and seems to be able to handle anything dished out. I just keep it oiled and it goes and goes.