Novara 2001 X-R Older Hybrid Bike

[Jun 24, 2003]
Keith Moon

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a very comfortable bike to ride. The upright seating position is very natural and you can ride a long time without getting a soar back.

Dont try to do too much with this bike. Keep off road travel to relatively smooth roads. The rear wheel is relatively weak and it is not difficult to break spokes.

I bought this bike to use on the road and off road as I did not want to take two bikes from Washington to Arizona in the winter. The bike is primarily an exercise bike. The bike has front shocks and a shock seat. On one of my first off road trips of about 20 miles I broke about five spokes. I repaired the damage spokes and kept the off road riding to a minimum. I eventually bought a new rear wheel. I have now broken several more spokes. In two years I have ridden the bike about 3000 miles. In addition to the wheel I have replaced the chain, cassette and derailler as well as the rear shifter.