Calfee Design 2001 Tetra Pro Older Racing Bike

[Dec 14, 2002]
fbastos

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight Stiff ride

The Te tra Pro is an incredibly light carbon fiber road bicycle. The joints are perfectly finished and the colors awesome! I was amazed by the quality of the ride and its weight, it is as light as an aluminum bike, but with the strength of carbon fiber.

Nothing similar

[Nov 07, 2001]
Greyhound

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, road feel in carbon, comfort. The company kicks butt too.

Weaknesses, no, those would be my legs

This bike rules. I used to have a 2001 Trek 5200, but got hit by a Jaguar and that was the end of that. Now I have The Tetra pro, and it is definitly a better bike.The road feel is no where near as dead as the Trek, it''s more comfortable, and its lighter. I''m looking forward to my first year of collegiate racing at UCD!

2001 Trek 5200

[Oct 30, 2001]
Ray Mara

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiffness and weight.

Price

This is the most comfortable but stiff, all around bike I''ve owned. I''ve done about four metric centuries on it and they It feels the same on a 50 mile ride, only longer. Tracks straight and predictable, yet quick enough toflick around in a big group ride. The light weight is great on those long climbs and the longish wheelbase is very stable on th long downhils. This bike instills confidence and draws a lot of attention.

Litespeed Vortex, Ciocc Challenger Carbon