Ciocc 2001 Challenger Karbon Older Racing Bike

Ciocc's most exclusive frameset. Meticulously crafted with rear carbon stays for the most demading athletes. It delivers a rigid, yet softer and smoother ride than its all-aluminum couterpart.

Frameset (center to center): Dedacciai SC 61.10 Aluminum Main tubes with Carbon Seat Stays
Fork: Mizuno Carbon with custom Ciocc logo
Weight: Frame 1.09kg, Fork 320g

[Aug 20, 2002]
Fiona Bromley

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, rigid but smooth ride. Great looking!! Had heads turning even with an array of Treks/Pinarellos/Colnagos

None so far ....

I bought the 2002 Carbon Challenger and after 2 weeks riding took it over to follow the Tour de France. It was great up the mountains - light and stiff. I hit some pretty big potholes - but the bike stayed steering was brilliant.

I've been riding a steel Pinarello for 4 years. Still like that bike very much - but weight and ahead steering, make the Ciocc so different to ride.

[Aug 10, 2002]
Tel

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, rigid and responsive

None yet, I assume a full carbon frameset would be more comfortable.

This is a review for the 2002 Challenger carbon with sloping frame. Ciocc have made a number of other manufacturer's bikes. This is hand built in Italy and is well made and finished. The frame is everything a Pinerello Prince, or De Rosa Planet is for a fraction of the price, I assume this is because they do not sponser a top team. Nicest bike I have owned.

various Custom Steel frames such as Roberts, and a Viner

[Aug 02, 2002]
shirt

OVERALL
Strength:

Very, very stiff and very light. Acceleration is limited by your strength, not the bike. Very good feel for aluminum.

The tubing walls are very thin. I haven't crashed it yet, but when I do I don't have high hopes for the outcome.

This is actually a review for the all-61.10 frame without the carbon stays.

This is the first AL bike I've owned, so my opinions may be suspect.