GT Bicycles Inc. 2001 ZR-3000 Older Racing Bike

[May 05, 2002]
martintastic

OVERALL
Strength:

solid (built a bit like a mountain bike, quick uphill, good around corners when you work out how

crap wobbly carbon forks (replaced), comes with cheap finishing kit, especially GT saddles, ouch! does not like going over about 75kph, at all...

good solid bike, not fantastically light, but has survived airport bagage handlers with only a small loss of paint. nice and stiff, but can be a little unstable on the straight bits of really fast downhills.

first proper road bike

[Mar 08, 2002]
Jonathan Terrell

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty responsive and light compared to me. Durable and smooth shifting.

Needs some aerobars with the adaptive shifters and a more saddle, but all that takes money.

I bought my bike from a guy in Charlotte. It is a 54cm and fits me pretty good. Being one of the only road bikes I have ever ridden, I am very pleased with it. The saddle (not factory) is a little uncomfortable, however the frame and fork give a responsive ride. Does great on the hills. Even in the mountains of Boone, I rarely ever use the 3rd and smallest crank. For that reason I would say that the triple chain ring is a bit excessive. I am 195 lbs and 5''11" and the bike supports my weight well.